Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
No K or I

Question 2019 Cougar 27RESWE or 30RKSWE?

Okay . . . . I've set my sights on 2 different trailers and need some help. I would appreciate any feedback on both the Cougar 27RESWE and the 30RKSWE. Likes, dislikes, considerations. Thank you in advance for helping me come to a final decision. I will throw this out there . . . . I do like the pantry and wardrobe cabinets in the 30RKS. The 27RES is shy on storage/cabinet space.
No K or I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
66joej

We have looked and looked at TTs. It came down to the Grand Design 2670MK Imagine and 27RESWE. Also looked at the 30RKSWE which seemed too long to get into some of the campgrounds we go to.
As we have already had 3 Cougars we went with the 27RESWE. because of size and features (auto level). Will work out something for lack of closet space.
If closet and pantry are important go with the 30RKSWE if your TV is capable as Danny "sourdough" pointed out.
FR Heritage Glen was also worth a look.
Waiting for some warmer weather to pick it up.(JUNE?) lol

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonld View Post
Okay . . . . I've set my sights on 2 different trailers and need some help. I would appreciate any feedback on both the Cougar 27RESWE and the 30RKSWE. Likes, dislikes, considerations. Thank you in advance for helping me come to a final decision. I will throw this out there . . . . I do like the pantry and wardrobe cabinets in the 30RKS. The 27RES is shy on storage/cabinet space.
Floorplans and features are as critically different as are the needs of different buyers. What works best for one person may be the "exact reason" for not choosing that same trailer for someone else....

Asking, "Which floorplan should I buy?" is much like asking, "What color dress should my wife wear to the party?" No matter what someone else thinks, you're the one that has to pay for it, live in it and work around any "shortcomings" it may have. There is no "right choice" based on what works for someone else......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
No K or I

TV is a 50" LED TV
Old 02-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
No K or I

Yes . . . Thank you JRTJH. Floorplans are based on the needs of each end user. I agree. However, asking for what others have experienced, what they enjoy, what they don't enjoy about specific floorplans can offer perspectives and thoughts that may not have come to my mind. Ultimately, yes, the decision is mine. But if I can gain some insight from other's collective experiences it can help me make a decision that is best for me.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonld View Post
TV is a 50" LED TV
TV meaning Tow Vehicle. Sorry for the confusion.
I see by your signature your TV is quite capable to tow the 30 footer.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #7
No K or I

Lol . . . . yes Joe. I thought my reply was pretty funny though and couldn't resist.

Tags
cougar