Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
StevieD

A/C and Furnace tripping the 3 amp fuse

Hi. I’m looking for some help with this. I have a 1998 Sprinter. When I turn on the AC or Furnace nothing happens. When I switch the fan to “Hi”, I hear a click as the 3 amp fuse blows. I have looked at the AC on the roof top and there is no obvious fault or short. I have changed the thermostat and confirmed the wiring is proper and I have checked all thermostat wires for a short and all checked out good. Can anyone suggest where to go from here? Thanks in advance. Steve
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:20 AM   #2
heikejohn

3 amp fuse?
I don't know if that is correct for your AC, but all the fuses in our fuse box are 15 amp.
Check your owners manual.
heikejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:18 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

Your talking about the 3A fuse in the thermostat right? I would start at the control box located in the return duct in the AC.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:09 AM   #4
StevieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by heikejohn View Post
3 amp fuse?
I don't know if that is correct for your AC, but all the fuses in our fuse box are 15 amp.
Check your owners manual.
Thanks... it’s not the breaker. There is a 3 amp in line fuse in the control panel connected to the A/C unit.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #5
StevieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Your talking about the 3A fuse in the thermostat right? I would start at the control box located in the return duct in the AC.
Hi. Its located in the circuit board beneath the A/C. It would protect the low voltage system. I just can’t figure out what is making it blow. I’m assuming that something is shorting out somewhere. Thanks

Tags
furnace, fuse