Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2016, 09:20 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
John what's the sped rating on this tire?
Good price, online shipping will kill you. but the pricing is right.
randy
It seems like I'm becoming a "typing" Amazon advertisement this last couple of days, but Amazon has the Carlisle Radial Trail RH "F" series tires for sale for $109 each "with second day delivery" if you're a Prime member. They are speed rated "L" which is 75 MPH. https://www.amazon.com/Carlisle-Radi...lisle+st+tires The local distributor quoted me a price of $165 per tire (add tax and mounting/balancing to that) which would be around $185-190 per tire "out the door".

I didn't see the Radial Trail HD tires on Amazon in the "F" series, but they may have them and I missed them in my search.

Last week I ordered Carlisle RH tires for my boat trailer from Amazon and they were "dated" 2616 which is the 26th week of this year. That is, I believe, the last week of June/first week of July, so the tires were about 2 months old when I received them. As a comparison, the tires I ordered from a local tire store for the Cougar were almost 6 months old when I purchased them, so Amazon, at least on my boat tires, were even newer tires than the local distributor was selling.

Please don't take this as an endorsement for Amazon, rather I posted it as a comparison price/tire age with the local distributor in northern Michigan.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #22
DJ85

Lost another one. I was just trying to make it till the end of the year of camping season. Well that didn't pay off. Lucky to report low speed blow out no damage

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #23
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ85 View Post
Lost another one. I was just trying to make it till the end of the year of camping season. Well that didn't pay off. Lucky to report low speed blow out no damage
Time to dump ST tires on the rig, and get good set of LT E rated tires. Many good brands out there!

On Edit: At less 12,000# GVWR you don't need tires rated for almost 4,000# each as you will beat your trailer to death!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:31 AM   #24
bdaniel

My experiences with ST Tires:

http://bobbystuff.com/rv/192/another-exploding-st-tire

Bobby
bdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote