Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
gaitin

Water Coming Out of Roof Vent for Washer

Now I know this sounds real strange and I will try to explain as simple as I can. We were getting ready to pack up and come home this morning. Still had water hose hooked up to camper, getting ready to drain and flush tanks. None of the tanks were full. Black tank flush was not running. Hookups for washer and dryer have not been used; only winterized. It appears that the washer drains directly to main drain.

All of a sudden, there is what appears to be fresh clean water coming off the roof out of the vent for the washer drain and running off the roof and down over the sides of the trailer. Shut off water at hydrant and eventually the water stops running. Check inside: There is no water coming back up in any of the sinks or showers; for example, if the tanks were full. Checking further, there is water in the underbelly of the trailer.

Now, we aren't new to camping or an rv. We know that you have the fresh water system and the sanitary system and the 2 shouldn't get together. We feel that if this water was coming out of one of the tanks, there should have been evidence of soap suds or scum; not clear water. We have not taken the time yet to take down the underbelly and see where the water there is coming from. The water coming out of the vent pipe is the real mystery.

We have run all the scenarios and not coming up with an answer. Really scratching our heads over this. Logic says a full tank but other things point to something else. Open for suggestions. Thanks
gaitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitin View Post
Now I know this sounds real strange and I will try to explain as simple as I can. We were getting ready to pack up and come home this morning. Still had water hose hooked up to camper, getting ready to drain and flush tanks. None of the tanks were full. Black tank flush was not running. Hookups for washer and dryer have not been used; only winterized. It appears that the washer drains directly to main drain.

All of a sudden, there is what appears to be fresh clean water coming off the roof out of the vent for the washer drain and running off the roof and down over the sides of the trailer. Shut off water at hydrant and eventually the water stops running. Check inside: There is no water coming back up in any of the sinks or showers; for example, if the tanks were full. Checking further, there is water in the underbelly of the trailer.

Now, we aren't new to camping or an rv. We know that you have the fresh water system and the sanitary system and the 2 shouldn't get together. We feel that if this water was coming out of one of the tanks, there should have been evidence of soap suds or scum; not clear water. We have not taken the time yet to take down the underbelly and see where the water there is coming from. The water coming out of the vent pipe is the real mystery.

We have run all the scenarios and not coming up with an answer. Really scratching our heads over this. Logic says a full tank but other things point to something else. Open for suggestions. Thanks
That is real strange im following this thread . Did you get the problem figured out and if so what happened?
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote