Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
richard1965

Warranty work question

I am considering the purchase of a new 2012 Sprinter 327FLS. I will be storing the unit at a campground that is out of state. It will be impossible for me to take the unit to a dealer for warranty work if needed. Does anyone know if Keystone will authorize warranty work to be done by mobile technicians? I am sure I would have to pay for any service call charge. I have emailed Keystone with this question also, but just wondered if anyone had any experience with this situation. Thanks in advance.

Richard
richard1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

I understand your question we purchased a 40 ft. park model on beach property in Washington st. 140 miles from home. It was 2 years old at the time. No warranty issuses came up, I fixed afew things myself.
My best guess is that warranty issuses will have to be done at the dealer. I also will guess that there would be someone you colud hire to transport the trailer to the dealer if needed.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
x96mnn

That really is up to the dealer and depends on the issue. Keystone does not care where the work is done as long as it is done but a certified repair centre and all work being done is approved by Keystone before it takes place.

The dealer I purchased from is great with the seasonal campers and is how I heard about them. They do make service calls to the camp ground and will book 2 or 3 members for the trip not charging you for the service call unless you want them out there next day. If they have to take the camper to the shop they will haul it back with them, deliver it back to you, set it back up and the charge I think is a $100 to do it.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

richard1965,
Some dealers are specifically set up to sell and service the "residential RV" and have mobile service facilities to care for those customers. Other dealers may sell one or two "residential RVs" a year and still others may never sell one or have any in their area. It all depends on what the dealer sells and services regularly. Your best bet would be to contact the local dealers, see who does and does not offer mobile service. If you're going to have an RV and no tow vehicle (which is what it seems) then you're going to have to work around that limitation. Check a number of dealers around the area, you may find one that specifically caters to your type of RVing.

As with anything contractual, if the dealer says he will take care of you, get the terms in writing as a part of the sale.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
richard1965

Thanks for the input guys. I did get a reply from Keystone. To paraphrase they basically said the work must be done by an authorized dealer. But that they could sublet the work to a mobile service near the unit. I would think that it would not be a big deal unless the repair is major like body work. In that case I could understand them wanting the unit at a dealer. Hopefully I won't have to find out. I have a Gulfstream that I bought last year new and never had any issues.
richard1965 is offline   Reply With Quote