Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #1
Quimby

2016 sprinter awning issue

Hello! I was just wondering if someone would have any thoughts to an issue I’m having with my awning. Near the end of last season the switch quit working but thankfully the remote still works. So I’m finally getting to looking at it now and this what I’ve found so far.
-The fuse in the panel is ok and there is power at the fuse.
- I tested the toggle switch by hooking up a slide to it and the toggle works fine.
- there is no power coming from the wires to the toggle switch.
-I took the cover off to look at the motor and when I separated the connector and put a tester on the wires running up to the motor I get power when using the remote but not the switch.

Does anyone know if there’s some kind of control module somewhere where these wires run to? I have no idea where the wires that run from the control board go to in order to get power. I looked behind the electrical panel aswell and there are no wires that match the ones that run to the toggle switch so I can only assume that the power runs from the breaker panel, to something else, that splits the power to the toggle and to the remote but can’t find anything online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Quimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The remote control receiver unit should be installed in the front passthrough on the ceiling. If not there, it will be very close to the battery compartment, possibly even in the battery compartment. There are two circuits that power each of the items controlled by the remote control unit. One is the switches, they connect to one side of the remote receiver and the handheld remote input which attaches to the other side of the remote receiver.

Later models of the remote receiver have fuses on each circuit, early models do not have the fuses. My 2014 does not have fuses, the 2017's that I've seen have fuses. I can't tell you whether your 2016 is like mine or like the later version. Check your receiver and see if there's a fuse for the awning that might have blown.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
Quimby

Thank you for the information! I went out and took a look in the front compartment and the only control module I could see is for the auto level. So it must come in through the front pass through but I wouldn’t have any idea where exactly that is or how to even access it and the only fuse accessible is in the back on the main panel but it’s not blown.
Quimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:05 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

What you're looking for is a black circuit panel "box" about 6'x8" with a lot of wires on it. It'll look something like these photos. Note that one of them does not have fuses on the receiver and one does. If your receiver has the fuses, that may be the reason it stopped working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wireless lippert-components-5-output-fuse-receiver-board.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	640.8 KB
ID:	27283   Click image for larger version

Name:	wireless-remote-brain.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	27284  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS