Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2023, 08:42 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen View Post
If you pulled out the blade system vents, what did you put back in their place? Did you have to replace the other part that the blade diffuser pops into? Do you have a of what you bought? I am asking b/c I have same system and would love to put in different vents, but have been having a hard time finding ones that will pop into the existing.

Hopefully Nothappy will respond and give you his solution. Have you pulled one of the collars and measured to hole? The way those blade vents snap in I don't know if you can find anything to fit into what is probably a proprietary component other than OE. Maybe pull the entire thing, replace with an aftermarket product that fits the hole and seal the gaps with tape like they used to be?? Those collars seem to be the problem and the aftermarket will probably come up with some sort of snap in vents for them at some time but I can't find any at the moment.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 12:01 PM   #22
dfcliff

We were having airflow issues in our 2023 316RLS so I put these in the two vents in the front bedroom:
Thetford Thermovent 4 inch Ducted Heat Vent with Damper Polar White PN 94267
https://a.co/d/gnAfawt

I just snapped the Blade vent out but left the collar. These fit in between the screws in the blade collar. Now I can direct the airflow away from the front bedroom thermostat and close off some of the airflow. This puts more cool air in the living space and lets the front unit run longer to help out the back unit. Only had it in for one weekend so far, but it did really good on keeping the camper cooler than before.

I still have the blade vents on the remaining vents in the bathroom and the living areas.
dfcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 01:08 PM   #23
Nothappy

I used a Thetford 94270, available on Amazon. It was easy do. If I remember right, I pulled out the Blades, undid some screws, installed Thetford flange and popped in vent. Measure yours to be sure, don’t know if Keystone uses multiple sizes. I have a 2022 Outback! You can return anything for free with Amazon .Good luck!
Nothappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 06:57 AM   #24
tallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfcliff View Post
We were having airflow issues in our 2023 316RLS so I put these in the two vents in the front bedroom:
Thetford Thermovent 4 inch Ducted Heat Vent with Damper Polar White PN 94267
https://a.co/d/gnAfawt

I just snapped the Blade vent out but left the collar. These fit in between the screws in the blade collar. Now I can direct the airflow away from the front bedroom thermostat and close off some of the airflow. This puts more cool air in the living space and lets the front unit run longer to help out the back unit. Only had it in for one weekend so far, but it did really good on keeping the camper cooler than before.

I still have the blade vents on the remaining vents in the bathroom and the living areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothappy View Post
I used a Thetford 94270, available on Amazon. It was easy do. If I remember right, I pulled out the Blades, undid some screws, installed Thetford flange and popped in vent. Measure yours to be sure, don’t know if Keystone uses multiple sizes. I have a 2022 Outback! You can return anything for free with Amazon .Good luck!
Thank you both, I will order one and give it a try on my 2022 Cougar 24RDS
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner ac, blade vents, coleman mach q, vent