Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #21
Hotrod1340

Maybe someone else can give me an update, I am curious to see how the repair looks.
Hotrod1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:24 AM   #22
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod1340 View Post
I just noticed I have the same issue on my 373. I have purchased it September 2021. I dropped it off at the dealer today hopefully I will hear something soon. Have they completed the repairs on your unit? How did the factory address your concerns?

Here is the Version 2 of the repair I listed in this original post a year or so back... The repair, if done by competent RV repair Techs with the proper equipment, etc will look pretty much like brand new...

If however the folks that make this repair aren't experienced then you will get some sort of hack and butcher job that will look like Hogan's Goat on its worst day.

I would talk with the service manager at where you dropped your RV off at and clarify they have done this type of repair work before... If they have they will be aware and up tp speed on the current fix procedures...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Keystone KSB -180328 V2 Sidewall Crack Repair.pdf (903.6 KB, 492 views)

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:23 AM   #23
Hotrod1340

Thank you for the update, I am pushing for the unit to be returned to the factory, my local dealer said they are no way skilled or prepared to do this type of repair. I will keep you posted. I have only had the unit for 10 months. I hope they stand behind this the thought of spending 90k and this happens makes me sick... I still have issues that aren't repaired from when I took delivery. Most items are small but they still need fixed.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:50 AM   #24
shadow

Sorry I am not taking over your post. I have a 2021 29RKS Cougar. Above the window on the left side of the between the two slides has a crack could this be related to this problem?
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:03 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Sorry I am not taking over your post. I have a 2021 29RKS Cougar. Above the window on the left side of the between the two slides has a crack could this be related to this problem?
No, that's not the same issue. The crack in this problem is caused by flexing of the "upper deck framing system at the slide opening" It has been a "weak spot in the framing design" for a number of years.

Your crack, above the window in the main body of the trailer, may be caused by a broken sidewall frame rail, or some other "similar to this problem issue" but it isn't related to the upper deck/frame weld stress cracks that are responsible for the "always in the forward lower slide opening corner".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:35 AM   #26
rougemarshal

Angry 2020 Keystone Fuzion 373 Stress Crack

I'm in the same boat unfortunately. 2020 Keystone Fuzion 373 with stress crack front lower corner of bedroom slide. Anyone attempted a DIY repair to at least prevent water damage? Can't even get into the dealer until November to pay to have it inspected. Cornerstone Ultimate warranty of course does not cover non-mechanical items.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-10-05 17.52.58.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	41916   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-10-05 17.53.06.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	41917  
rougemarshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:16 AM   #27
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rougemarshal View Post
I'm in the same boat unfortunately. 2020 Keystone Fuzion 373 with stress crack front lower corner of bedroom slide. Anyone attempted a DIY repair to at least prevent water damage? Can't even get into the dealer until November to pay to have it inspected. Cornerstone Ultimate warranty of course does not cover non-mechanical items.
New forum rule:
https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=52977

As far as the crack, this may indicate your frame is cracked and I see some indication of rust in your 2nd picture. Not sure how long the frame warranty but you might want to take this up with the selling dealer. A cosmetic fix will likely crack again if the frame is broken.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:34 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Post #22 in the thread located here: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...t=stress+crack has a link to the "correct repair procedure pdf file". It is the "approved Lippert/Keystone repair procedure".

Since your trailer is a 2020, it likely is still within the 3 year structural warranty time frame. As "involved" as the repair is, rather than doing a DIY job, if it's in warranty, I'd definitely have Lippert/Keystone pick up the tab. If you're out of warranty, I'd still contact Keystone, notify them of the problem and see what happens. They may do a "goodwill repair" of your trailer since it's a known problem.

Expect Keystone to not give you much information and to instruct you to take the trailer to a dealer for inspection. DO NOT expect Keystone to give you much more than that on the first phone call. Their CS "phone tree" has no idea about towing conditions, which hitch you're using (some void the warranty) and they have no information on whether your trailer was stolen, abused, misused or if you're a "legitimate and careful customer with a problem". So, they will want a dealer to "run the investigation with hands on the trailer" and report what they see, not what you tell them on the phone.

In any case, the sooner you report the crack to Keystone is in your best interest. The "clock is ticking" on your warranty and on the time frame for a "goodwill repair".

Look at the pdf in the above link to see how complex the problem is so you can judge whether you have the skills, tools and facility to do the repair at home. Most people probably don't, but ......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 06:11 AM   #29
Hotrod1340

Quote:
I agree this isn't a DIY project, squeeze some silicon in/on it to keep it dry and get it to the dealer as soon as you can. I dropped mine off mid Sept and I pick mine up tomorrow. I will post some pictures of the repair. mine is a 2021 and Keystone was quick to accept responsibility.
The TSB is in this thread somewhere, take a look it's a big repair! And print out the TSB and take it with you to the dealer this helped me out alot.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:06 PM   #30
cougar23

We bought a 2022 Cougar 23MS, brought it home and parked it for 2 weeks.
Had everything loaded for our 1st trip and I decided to give the front a good wax job to help in removing bug splatters. Had to get on roof to wax top portion and found two cracks in fiberglass close to roof joint.
This was a brand new 5th wheel, never used! Called dealer and was told to bring it in.
Unloaded everything and took to dealer that said they could fix it. I said NO! I did not buy a patched camper. I want a new one. Got a new 2023 shipped in from dealer in another state.
cougar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 10:38 AM   #31
Brad H

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbearhnt View Post
I have a 2020 Keystone Fuzion 373. Six months old and i have a crack 5 inches long diagonal from the lower left corner of the bed slide. Have been in contact with my dealer and he has been in contact with his Keystone rep. on what to do next. Has anyone aware of a recall on this problem?
We are having the same issue with our 2021 Fuzion 429. It appears that no dealers are equipped to repair it, most likely having to go back to factory!
Brad H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:20 PM   #32
AnnaMikk

repair

There is a company in Goshen Indiana Affinity RV group that does this repair on a daily basis. They actually have a Facebook group page also called Affinity RV Group repair lots of good info they are booked way out but turn around is like 2 weeks. Hope this helps.
AnnaMikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:48 PM   #33
Brad H

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMikk View Post
There is a company in Goshen Indiana Affinity RV group that does this repair on a daily basis. They actually have a Facebook group page also called Affinity RV Group repair lots of good info they are booked way out but turn around is like 2 weeks. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info will look into them.
Brad H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rack