Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2018, 03:04 AM   #1
jodipitbull

Laredo Comforter

When I bought my new Laredo this spring I was super impressed with the quality and fluffiness of the comforter. It does make the Laredo line reflect like a high end camper. Then we started using the camper and I started to think “hmmm most people camp in the summer months and this beast of a comforter is way too thick and hot”. I mean ITS THICK. After a couple weekends it needed to be cleaned and I looked at the tag and to says DRY CLEAN ONLY. $38 bill at my local cleaners. Now it is sitting in its plastic from the cleaners laying on the floor in a spare bedroom. I took a lighter, easier to wash comforter up to the camper. It’s a shame because it’s a gorgeous comforter and matches the window treatments, but it’s a BEAST, I refuse to spend that much to clean it every other trip, and it’s a hassle lugging the MONSTER back and forth to take it into the cleaners. I don’t know what to do with it. I won’t use it at home either because I can’t wash it. And it’s too damn nice to throw away. Sheesh. Lol.
jodipitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:34 AM   #2
MarcS

If you're not going to use it,because it says dry clean only, then why not use it and put it on the gentle cycle?
Old 08-24-2018, 05:06 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Store it at home. Do you need to impress someone while camping? When you go to trade the camper in or sell it then break it out and make the bed. It will be nice and new and help sell the camper.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:32 AM   #4
Snoking

Put it under the bed at night time and back on in the morning. That is what we do with our SOB 5th wheel, and will be doing with our new little Laredo 225MK WA/AZ commuter bumper pull. Chris
Old 08-24-2018, 07:13 AM   #5
KeithInUpstateNY

It doesn't address the weight for summer use, but to address the cost of dry cleaning you can get "dry clean at home" kits on Amazon: Woolite At Home Dry Cleaner, Fresh Scent, 14 Cloths https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JIRB0FU..._O-bGBbWZBEBD5 for about $20. I've used them in the past and was satisfied with the results

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Our Cougar came with a similar comforter. It's under the bed in one of those "vacuum sealed pouches" and will stay there until we sell the trailer and it'll be "candy for the new buyer's eyes"....

We bought a "$15 sonic welded polyester queen bedspread" from Amazon. It matches the bedroom décor "sort of" and although it does absorb campfire smoke odors, etc, it's easy to toss in the washing machine at home, throw in the dryer and then back on the camper bed. An added plus, it's lightweight and we can use it on summer camping trips. Just add a blanket for winter trips...

This works for us and hopefully will be a selling point when we decide to upgrade.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo