Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2024, 10:13 AM   #21
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNBrew2 View Post
@NH_Bulldog nailed it.
... Also the darned thing randomly beeps at all hours, with no indication of any faults. Norcold tech support was no help. I suspect it's very sensitive to voltage, as it does not beep when plugged in to shore power...
Slightly off OP's topic, but this might help CampNBrew...

I had the same issue with a Dometic. And you're right it was voltage sensitive. Too many 12v items were on the same fuse/circuit. Mine had the air conditioner controller, two USB jack locations, the stereo head unit, and the propane furnace (its controls, the igniter, and the blower fan) and my fridge 12v circuit board brain. I think the furnace was one too many. Under certain circumstances the furnace kicked on and the fridge would beep, or beep AND turn off.

Too late to make a long story short,... I put the fridge on its own dedicated 12v circuit and never had another problem. You might look into that.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:22 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
Sounds like you will need to replace that fridge. If that is the case, you have an opportunity to replace the cooling unit in the back of the fridge. You can either go with another absorption cooling unit or go with a 12 volt compressor unit. I went with the 12 volt compressor unit a glad I did. I donít have to worry about gas, and it works way better than an absorption cooling unit. My fridge holds 37 degrees, freezer -10 in 100+ degree outside temps. Check it out.
http://jc-refrigeration.com/
I just got this response from jc-refrigeration:

To: JRTJH@******.COM
Thu, Jun 27 at 1:53 PM

Sorry, we do not build anything for Atwood fridges.

Myron Miller
JC Refrigeration Dutchaire HVAC
6495 W 200 N Shipshewana, IN 46565

jc-refrigeration.com
260-768-4067

I have not found anybody, anywhere in the US or Canada that rebuilds Atwood Helium refrigerators OR has any conversion units to support a 120VAC or 12VDC compressor system.... There simply is NO SUPPORT for any Atwood Helium refrigerator failure. No control boards, no chimney stacks, no rebuilt absorption systems, no compressor conversion, no door seals, no replacement door or shelf parts, essentially "NO NOTHING FOR ATWOOD".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:22 AM   #23
CampNBrew2

@mikec557,
Thanks for the heads up! I don't think I am overloaded on that circuit but will look into that scenario. I mapped all the circuits years ago and will double check.
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:24 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
Slightly off OP's topic, but this might help CampNBrew...

I had the same issue with a Dometic. And you're right it was voltage sensitive. Too many 12v items were on the same fuse/circuit. Mine had the air conditioner controller, two USB jack locations, the stereo head unit, and the propane furnace (its controls, the igniter, and the blower fan) and my fridge 12v circuit board brain. I think the furnace was one too many. Under certain circumstances the furnace kicked on and the fridge would beep, or beep AND turn off.

Too late to make a long story short,... I put the fridge on its own dedicated 12v circuit and never had another problem. You might look into that.
^^^^ This...

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest running a "new test wire" from the fuse panel to the refrigerator 12VDC input connection on the control board. I'd almost bet that will completely stop the beeping... If it does, then just figure out where to reroute that wire so it can be permanently used instead of the current 12 volt supply line.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-27-2024, 10:24 AM   #25
CampNBrew2

@JRTJH,
I scoured the internet when my fridge died and found the same.
I did save all my Atwood controls and gas train parts in hopes it may help somebody sometime.

Thanks Gents for the circuit suggestion.
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:42 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNBrew2 View Post
@JRTJH,
I scoured the internet when my fridge died and found the same.
I did save all my Atwood controls and gas train parts in hopes it may help somebody sometime.

Thanks Gents for the circuit suggestion.
I'd guess the Atwood parts situation has pretty much boiled down to finding parts in a neighbor's garage or from someone selling used parts on EBay or from someone like you who saved their parts that might help someone else later on.... There just weren't enough Atwood units sold for the aftermarket suppliers like RecPro or Camco to tool up and start building replacement parts. The market just isn't large enough to justify the investment.

Hopefully, just running a separate "test wire" from the battery to the refrigerator or from a separate battery sitting on the picnic table to the refrigerator will prove/disprove the overloaded wire voltage drop. I'd almost bet that's the reason for your "midnight beeping"... We've seen it several times over the past few years. In every case, a new circuit dedicated to the refrigerator only has solved the beeps.... Good Luck with testing to see if that's your issue...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-27-2024, 03:40 PM   #27
MrDon

We had the problem. Itís a $99 Fuse, available online. Ours went out. We had an electrician look at it. We ordered the part and no issues. I ordered two and keep a spare with us. Itís a Dometic
MrDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer, fridge