Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
Florida Dave

2008 Keystone Laredo 29RK water pump

Hello everyone, new user here. I just purchased a 2008 Keystone Laredo 29RK and love it. I am trying to figure out the water system. Everything works fine but I am puzzled with the pump system. When I turn the water pump on the water flows and I hear the pump up front run but I also hear what sounds like another pump in the back under the kitchen sink. there is no access to it under the sink and when I slide underneath the RV I can hear it running and even feel it thru the flexible insulation. I asked my local dealer and they said they never heard of two water pumps. Anyone know what is under the sink? Another pump? I'm lost, I hate to cut into the insulation to find out. Thanks in advance.
Dave
Florida Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:32 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

A second water pump would a new one on me. When you run a faucet you will hear the pump and when you shut the faucet off you’ll hear the pump build pressure and shut off.

Are you hearing what sounds like another pump trying to build pressure? You may be hearing water lines vibrating against something, making you think it’s another pump. I would try grabbing the water lines under the sink with the pump on and see if the sound goes away or changes by moving them around.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:10 PM   #3
Florida Dave

2008 Keystone Laredo water pump

Thanks Chuckster,
I just went out and did what you suggested. It sure sounds like and feels like another pump but I poked a hole big enough to get my finger in and felt around and moved the pipes and it quieted down some so I think that you are right. It sure sounded like another pump! I will tape up the hole tomorrow.
Thanks again!
Florida Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, laredo, water, water pump