Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2021, 03:30 AM   #1
LHdream

Newbie with a dream

Hi everyone!
I don't have my RV yet, but I'm dreaming of a Coachmen Mirada 35ES. My love of motorhomes came from a trip with a friend for a few days in his minivan. Hopefully I will buy my dream and move there with my family for a full time living.
I wish you all smooth roads!
LHdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:55 AM   #2
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:44 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

New or used?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:27 AM   #4
travelin texans

I'd suggest you & your family rent a motorhome of the same approximate length for a long weekend or a weeks vacation before dropping $200k buying one. This would give you 1st hand experience as to whether that size or model would be workable without spending a lot of $$$.
You didn't indicate how many or how old the kiddos are, but from experience a 36' motorhome, minus the cockpit there's actually about 30' of living space, can/will get very crowded with a couple youngun's above about 10 years old.
Looking at the floorplan of the model you mentioned it appears there's no separation between the master bedroom & the bunk area which doesn't leave much privacy for anyone.
Not trying to spoil your dream, just trying to keep your dream from becoming a nightmare!
The saying goes "you should buy your 2nd RV 1st!", meaning that after the 1st one you actually know better of what you want &/or need.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:07 AM   #5
Gary R.

Greetings and welcome!

We hope you realize your dream in the near future! Keep faith and it will happen!

Take care.
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #6
dutchmensport

Welcome to the forums and hope your dream becomes reality! If you are not experienced with the RV life style, I also strongly suggest renting one and seeing how it goes.

If you can't do that, then pick up a tent, sleeping bags, a few pots and pans and head out for a few week-ends with the family. All those items will eventually be put in the new camper anyway, so you are not loosing anything. But you are gaining a lot of knowledge on camping doing so. Plus, you'll learn real fast how much your family REALLY loves you in cramped quarters!

Good luck! Enjoy, and maybe someday we'll meet on the road.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. You've been given good advice on renting and see how it fits. Another option is to rent a cabin in a campground to get the feel for sharing a space. Good luck!
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:07 AM   #8
LHdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
Welcome from northern MN.
Thank you!
Old 10-21-2021, 12:08 AM   #9
LHdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

New or used?
Thank you! I would be very happy even with a used one
Old 10-21-2021, 12:14 AM   #10
LHdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I'd suggest you & your family rent a motorhome of the same approximate length for a long weekend or a weeks vacation before dropping $200k buying one. This would give you 1st hand experience as to whether that size or model would be workable without spending a lot of $$$.
You didn't indicate how many or how old the kiddos are, but from experience a 36' motorhome, minus the cockpit there's actually about 30' of living space, can/will get very crowded with a couple youngun's above about 10 years old.
Looking at the floorplan of the model you mentioned it appears there's no separation between the master bedroom & the bunk area which doesn't leave much privacy for anyone.
Not trying to spoil your dream, just trying to keep your dream from becoming a nightmare!
The saying goes "you should buy your 2nd RV 1st!", meaning that after the 1st one you actually know better of what you want &/or need.
Wow, thank you so much for such advice! Yes, now I'm more conscious and responsible about my dream. After all, before it was a dream, as if wearing rose-colored glasses. Living on wheels with my family all the time, what could be better?
But now I understand that not everything is so simple and it is worth really getting experience in this, all weighed up and only then decide to buy.
We have one son, 8 years old. And about not having enough privacy - I totally agree, will need to reconsider that point.
"you should buy your 2nd RV 1st!" - is one of the best things I've ever heard in my life!
Thank you so much for clarifying everything!
Old 10-21-2021, 12:15 AM   #11
LHdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
Greetings and welcome!

We hope you realize your dream in the near future! Keep faith and it will happen!

Take care.
Thank you so much Gary!
Old 10-21-2021, 12:17 AM   #12
LHdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Welcome to the forums and hope your dream becomes reality! If you are not experienced with the RV life style, I also strongly suggest renting one and seeing how it goes.

If you can't do that, then pick up a tent, sleeping bags, a few pots and pans and head out for a few week-ends with the family. All those items will eventually be put in the new camper anyway, so you are not loosing anything. But you are gaining a lot of knowledge on camping doing so. Plus, you'll learn real fast how much your family REALLY loves you in cramped quarters!

Good luck! Enjoy, and maybe someday we'll meet on the road.
Thank you so much! You give very good advice! Indeed, camping with my family is also a great way to find out what the future holds and if our child is even ready for this life.
Thank you!
Old 10-21-2021, 12:19 AM   #13
LHdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Welcome to the forum. You've been given good advice on renting and see how it fits. Another option is to rent a cabin in a campground to get the feel for sharing a space. Good luck!
I am insanely glad I ended up on this forum, as I already received so much great and really helpful advice on the first day! Thank you so much for helping, it's priceless!

Tags