Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
ronheater70

RVOUTLET Danville VA - Warranty claim on 2019 Keystone Cougar

Thought I would share a good report for once..

When I bought my our Fifth wheel we did a run through to make sure everything worked..everything did.. Fast forward a season later and the fireplace wasnt working. I took it out, took it to the dealership, they bench Tested it and gave me a New one! I was happy, Installed that one and it worked for a few trips then that one quit as well. This past Fall was going camping in the cool with some friends of ours, and the furnace wouldnt work, would run, then light, and continue running about 90 seconds and turn off.
Had an issue with Fridge Handles not locking shut good, and an issue with the Blinds..When we got it we purchased the extended warranty. Dropped it off on December 5th, picked it up last Wednsday. (could have got it earlier but was dealing with a few weeks of ice storms down here and couldnt get it down my Driveway!)Everything is fixed and wont go into the details of what needed done etc.. But I got an upgraded fancier fireplace also! I asked them to top off the gas Because I knew 1 tank was empty and the other one was going low.. Cost to me for everything was 70 Bucks (50 for deductible and 20 for gas).. Extremely Pleased. I try to keep my shopping to within an hour or so from me so if I need service I can contact the dealer without claiming to have bought it out of state which seems to put you at the back of the line for some dealers.. I also have the ability to show up and talk rather than emailing back and forth if need be.
These folks were top notch and very pleased with them!
Old 03-04-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

That’s great. Outstanding dealers are not common in this industry and the good ones deserve recognition.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #3
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Thought I would share a good report for once..

When I bought my our Fifth wheel we did a run through to make sure everything worked..everything did.. Fast forward a season later and the fireplace wasnt working. I took it out, took it to the dealership, they bench Tested it and gave me a New one! I was happy, Installed that one and it worked for a few trips then that one quit as well. This past Fall was going camping in the cool with some friends of ours, and the furnace wouldnt work, would run, then light, and continue running about 90 seconds and turn off.
Had an issue with Fridge Handles not locking shut good, and an issue with the Blinds..When we got it we purchased the extended warranty. Dropped it off on December 5th, picked it up last Wednsday. (could have got it earlier but was dealing with a few weeks of ice storms down here and couldnt get it down my Driveway!)Everything is fixed and wont go into the details of what needed done etc.. But I got an upgraded fancier fireplace also! I asked them to top off the gas Because I knew 1 tank was empty and the other one was going low.. Cost to me for everything was 70 Bucks (50 for deductible and 20 for gas).. Extremely Pleased. I try to keep my shopping to within an hour or so from me so if I need service I can contact the dealer without claiming to have bought it out of state which seems to put you at the back of the line for some dealers.. I also have the ability to show up and talk rather than emailing back and forth if need be.
These folks were top notch and very pleased with them!
That is the same place I bought our Impact 303 in the fall of 2016. I live a good 6 hours away from them and fortunately never needed to go back for any type of service, but they impressed me when we were there doing the deal.....which, BTW, was done over the phone. They spent almost three hours with me for our walk-through as I told them I had never owned a camping trailer before, and I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before we left. It's good to hear that their service side of the business is as good as the sales side was. Thanks for sharing that!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
Cbrez

We bought our Montana there. Exceptional PDI. I had no intention of buying a new Montana especially at the sticker price. But they made an offer we couldn’t refuse. Glad they did.

We still take it there for occasional maintenance and are always satisfied. It’s a bit of a hike from Virginia Beach so we stay a few days in Danville or Clarksville and enjoy the small town lifestyle.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:25 PM   #5
ewbldavis

This is great to here. Heading to Danville/Greensboro at end of month to meet with potential employer. If everything works out, we'll be moving down to your 'hood.

What extended warranty do you have? We have the Camping World one and it's a $50 deductible, so was curious if you had the same. Also, please share any good spots to camp in the area!!

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:47 PM   #6
Cbrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post
This is great to here. Heading to Danville/Greensboro at end of month to meet with potential employer. If everything works out, we'll be moving down to your 'hood.

What extended warranty do you have? We have the Camping World one and it's a $50 deductible, so was curious if you had the same. Also, please share any good spots to camp in the area!!
We’ve never camped in the Danville area. We’ve always dropped the RV at the dealership and gotten a hotel room. I don’t think there are many RV parks in south central Virginia though.

Our extended warranty is through Cornerstone RV. I’m not big on on extended warranties but we went for it since we were new to RVing and had read enough in this forum to know the art of the possible. Glad we did though. We’ve probably gotten our monies worth. $100 deductible for us.

After 7 years it’s getting ready to expire this fall. We will not renew now that we’re very comfortable with the rig and it’s systems.
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:19 PM   #7
ronheater70

"This is great to here. Heading to Danville/Greensboro at end of month to meet with potential employer. If everything works out, we'll be moving down to your 'hood.

What extended warranty do you have? We have the Camping World one and it's a $50 deductible, so was curious if you had the same. Also, please share any good spots to camp in the area!!"

We live in Greensboro... Great place.. few hours from the beach, few hours from the Mountains. Kinda cool things to do Locally! Hope you like it!

Our Warranty is cornerstone also.. They are nice to work with! Im not sure how big your camper is, but there are a few nice spots within a short distance.. If you PM me Ill give you my contact info and explain some places we like!

Tags
cougar, keystone, warranty