Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Mychesh

Slide out issue

We have a 2011 Alpine 3500RE and are having a problem with the bedroom slide. When we retract the slides they will all go back fine and sit tight against the walls. When we drive off after a couple of miles the bedroom slide will have moved out about 2 inches from the wall. This will require the slide to be retracted back tight to the wall. After that we have no further problems with it moving out. Any ideas?
Mychesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I think you have hydraulic slides. If that is the situation, probably have air in the actuator for that slide. Lippert's manual says to check the fluid level, then run the slide in and out several times to purge air out of the system. That may fix your problem. After you purge the air out of the system, recheck the hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Mychesh

Yes they are hydraulic. We have slid them in and out but not more than once each time. I guess you mean to do it repeatedly. Where are the actuators located? Are they self venting? Thank you for your advice.

Steve
Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychesh View Post
Yes they are hydraulic. We have slid them in and out but not more than once each time. I guess you mean to do it repeatedly. Where are the actuators located? Are they self venting? Thank you for your advice.

Steve
Here is the link to the Lippert Hydraulic Slide Manual

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Ow...de-out-web.pdf

In it there are several potential problems, but I'd run the slide in and out 3 or 4 times, then refill the hydraulic reservoir and see if that solves the problem.

The actuators are the long tubes that are mounted along the square rails of the slide mechanism. They are positioned from curb side to road side (across the RV) and extend to push the slide out or retract to pull it in.

Download the manual, I think you'll see it's a pretty simple mechanism, not much can go wrong.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Jim_VaBeach

We have a 2011 Alpine 3555RL and the bedroom slide is not hydraulic. The other three slides are but this one is a series of pulleys and wire rope cables that run the slide in and out.
Jim_VaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
Mychesh

Thank you all. I will try the cycle process. I think I will need to top the resivior up too!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
[email protected]

We had the same thing going on. We put the slides in. Then we hitch the trailer to the truck and retract the landing gear. Then we go back in the camper and hit the slide switch to bring the slides in. The "motor" runs for maybe 10 seconds and shuts off. We dont have the bedrooms slide moving out anymore. We do this every time we move the trailer.
LCBRUD@AOL.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
hsmunoz

the res for the pump is in the passenger side compartment above the battery. Sounds like an air bubble. follow the above advice , you should be good .
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote