Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
debdog

looking at the alpine 3450 rl

Hi....we currently have a sunnybrook 31bwfs that we bought new in 2002. Were ready to get something bigger and we are looking either a used or new 3450rl. If anyone has one that could let us know how you like it. We have been looking for quite awhile. Looked at Carriage cameo....Landmark and the Redwood by Thor. The alpine has some features that we like better than the others. Have read some negative comments on Keystone. Need opinions please.
debdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
KanTC

Welcome debdog,

The Alpine line was newly released in 2010, so odds are there may not be many *used ones* available.

Regardless of which brand of RV (car, truck, refrigerator, or computer) you buy, there will always be 'someone out there' who had a bad experience with that brand & has negative comments -- it's just the way things are with humans! Yes, there are Keystone 'lemons' that surface on occasion... but it happens with 'every' brand of RV, regardless of price paid. None of the members here are 'brand' cheerleaders, but the greater majority are happy with their purchase. http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3015

And, simply for the sake of clarity... Keystone is also owned by Thor Industries (parent company)... as is Airstream, Crossroads, Dutchmen, and Heartland in addition to Redwood. http://www.thorindustries.com/home

There are some Alpine 3450rl owners here, hopefully some will chime-in soon & answer your questions.

Good luck with your decision & happy camping.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot & DH Kevin
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
CarKath

Hi debdog,

Kathie and myself bought a 2011, 3450RL brand new this past June. We used it no less than 8 weeks worth. Could be more, I forget what all we did.

Anyway, we love our 3450. It has been pretty much flawless. There was a couple of very minor bugs we dealt with ourselves. I for one would recommend buying it. The 3500RE would be another choice of mine.

We did a ton of shopping before pulling the trigger on the 3450. I/We believe we got the most bang for our buck and feel the quality is as good as it gets.

Hope this helps. Anything you wish to know ask!!

Carl

off I go to update another thread
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
mikell

Were fulltiming in a 3640 rl and have no issues going into our second year next month. Lots of room to enjoy. The heat pump is wonderful especially this time of year when heat and AC are needed every day. Just set the temp and thats what you get without any propane.

Holoman in Batavia Ohio is where we got ours much cheaper than any place else but that was a year ago. Couple of little problems and a cracked table they just shipped us a new one and we kept the old.

http://www.holmanrv.com/inventory/13...ne-3450RL.aspx

were in South West Michigan and it was definately worth the 5 hour drive to Batavia. Saved about $3000 for every hour on the road to there
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
jrhaman

I agree with mikell. We also bought an Alpine 3640 at Holman last October. We fulltime and any issues we had were minor. We are very pleased with out 5er.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:20 AM   #6
mikell

You must have bought just before us. Ours was delivered on Nov4th. So far so good headed into another Michigan winter
Old 10-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #7
outbackmac

holman rv

Just for the record you can beat holmans price check out and call General rv in Canton ohio. when we purchased our new 5ver i asked holman to come with in 850$ and they said NO
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
mikell

The General RV in Wayland Mi and Birch Run Mi couldn't even come close were talking 10's of thousands difference.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
andyrad

We bought the 3450RL this past February and have put about 7,000 Km on it so far. I find the furnace a bit loud but if we have 30 amp hookups we can run the heat pump instead. In the winter months if we go dry camping then we need the furnace to keep up. Other than that, which I'm sure we can do some insulating to quiet it down a little, we have had zero issues. No leaks (touch wood), no malfunctions other than user error, and the quality was there. We also looked at the Cameo 36FWS but the price was not quite where we needed it to be and it didnt have anywhere near the kitchen storage that the Alpine has. That was the deciding factor, though I would have loved the bigfoot leveling system. I understand the new front gear on the Alpines are hydraulic as well so that is a bonus. Also look at the 3555 which hasless kitchen storage but a fantastic floor plan.
andyrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
Alpinecummin

We bought our Alpine 3640 RL from Holman's in July 2010. We had several problems with it the first few months and Holman's was great to work with in getting the necessary repairs. We have put approximately 8,000 miles on our camper as of this week, and have lived in it about six months over the past 14 months. We have looked at other campers and have even considered up grading to a motor home the past few months, but haven't found anything we look better then our Alpine.

1977 Avon
2003 Jayco Designer 32FKS
2011 Alpine 3640RL
2007 Dodge 3500
Alpinecummin is offline   Reply With Quote