Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
Deadaim033

Fairmont wv 1800BH

Hey everyone,
Fairmont WV here. Just bought a 2019 Springdale 1800BH!! Have a question if someone can answer. Have 3 switches inside the door, 1 is for interior light, 1 is outside led light, and 3rd I have NO idea what it does. Can someone help?

Thanks!!
Deadaim033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
Chris P

Welcome from New Jersey, Perhaps it's the electric for the water heater, most have a element to add to the recovery time.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

First off welcome to the forum!!

Your dealership should have demonstrated every switch and it’s function during your “walk through”. That being said, I would wait until low light, and then turn the switch on. I’m thinking it may be the front cap lights, under step light, or maybe accent lighting under the frame.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #4
Deadaim033

Well I agree they should have and they did a “walk through” but when I asked about the switch he told me he had no idea what it does to read the book, but the books are so general it didn’t help shed any light on this.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

I’m not suprised. The longer I work in this field the more I learn about lame techs and dealers. Whoever did your PDI should have figured it out...anyway, I digress yet again.

Since it’s on the same switch panel as other lights, I would be looking for another outside light ( maybe on the road side) by the dump valve? Maybe roll the awning out, you might have an LED strip on the awning tube. With everything else turned off, turn it on and start looking. That’s about all I can offer, since that’s what I do.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:04 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadaim033 View Post
Well I agree they should have and they did a “walk through” but when I asked about the switch he told me he had no idea what it does to read the book, but the books are so general it didn’t help shed any light on this.
That's got to give you great confidence in the dealership if (when) you need to take it in for warranty repairs. What a disgrace, whoever "he" is should know the product better or be eager to "go find" out from someone else. Those are the type attitudes that would have me tearing up the contract and walking away

All that said hang out and I'm confident someone here will most likely respond with "yes I know, have the same mystery switch" and found..."

Welcome to the forum. Fairmont is a lovely area. I have (and had) relatives that lived in the area, also down in Morgantown and Clarksburg.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:25 AM   #7
travelin texans

May be a scare light (big round light) on the opposite side of the RV.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
Deadaim033

Ok the dealer called me back and my power awning has a power tail on it for accessories and that switch is turn the power on and off to the rail! Thanks for the ideas though!
Old 11-14-2019, 12:27 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadaim033 View Post
Ok the dealer called me back and my power awning has a power tail on it for accessories and that switch is turn the power on and off to the rail! Thanks for the ideas though!

Ok, I would take a look at the rail and make sure there is a receptacle of some nature. I’m not convinced at this point.