Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
BirchyBoy

Great service from Windish RV in Lakewood, CO

We bought our camper from Windish earlier this year and took it back in October for a few warranty issues. It took them a while to get the parts and such, but the service was very good. Here's what they did:

Replaced the exterior docking light due to a bad switch.
Replaced the LP tank cover because the top door cracked.
Replaced the bedroom window mini-blind.
Rebuilt one sink drain to resolve a leak.
Re-attached the counter top edge.
Replaced the broken top trim piece on the fridge surround.
Rebuilt the bathroom shelf with screws and filled the former staple holes.

Installed a Maxx Air vent in the kitchen vent (I paid for this).
Winterized the trailer (I paid for this).

It sure did take a while (Oct 22 - Dec 4), but I'm happy and will take it back there for service again.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Steve S

I really like hearing the positives I I'm glad to hear that you had great service
Old 12-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
denverpilot

Ha!

They must have been working on yours when they called to say the shop was full, and they'd have to push my appointment back from October into December.

Seriously. Two months.

I was a little miffed since it's to figure out a nose cap leak. And it's snow season. Luckily the weather hasn't had much in the way of precip this fall.

Of course it's snowing Sunday. And it'll be wet since we've been in the 60s for temps. So far.

Here's hoping we get as good service as you did -- once we can actually take it in.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
BirchyBoy

I was miffed when I called in September and they said it would October. Then I get there and I found it it was just an appointment to drop it off. I'm not sure if you've been there or not, but I understand now why they do it that way. There is one lane in and one lane out. There's no way for more than 2 or 3 rigs to be waiting there.

It didn't take long for me to realize this isn't a quick lube place or even a regular shop that can do same-day work. It is what it is. I had good service and next time I'll know that it will take a while.

When I did get there, there was another guy backing up to my camper with his truck. The service writer ran out and quickly pointed to an identical trailer just behind mine. The guy owns the same year and model and was coming to pick his up.

Now it's time to enjoy some dry camping with power on nice weekends. Even the wife is looking forward to a few weekends out, knowing we'll be eating off paper plates and walking to the bathrooms. It still beats being at home.
RIP Birch (pitbull)
Old 12-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
BOWWOW

Windish

I bought my current 5er there have been in for service, I agree time frames are very stretched out. I know get service at Trailer Source at 44th and Tabor in Wheat Ridge, the former service manager from Windish runs their shop now.
They have a 1 week turn around depending on parts availability. Bonus I'm only a mile away!

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
gkainz

We bought our 5er at Windish Longmont and tried to get service at Lakewood at the beginning of the camping season. I think the wait time was 12 weeks then. I fixed the issues myself. I have purchased parts from Lakewood and have been pleased with that experience.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
BirchyBoy

We bought ours at the Longmont store as well, through Jacob. Pretty run down place, but the people are nice. I might go there for service next time. It's further away, but the traffic between Aurora and Lakewood was terrible.
RIP Birch (pitbull)
Old 12-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #8
denverpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWWOW View Post
I bought my current 5er there have been in for service, I agree time frames are very stretched out. I know get service at Trailer Source at 44th and Tabor in Wheat Ridge, the former service manager from Windish runs their shop now.

They have a 1 week turn around depending on parts availability. Bonus I'm only a mile away!

You know... I've had other (cargo) trailers serviced for years there and never thought about taking the 5er there.

Good reminder for a later day.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
BOWWOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpilot View Post
You know... I've had other (cargo) trailers serviced for years there and never thought about taking the 5er there.

Good reminder for a later day.
I believe that they do warranty work, I know for sure extended warranty work.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote