Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #1
mpd2001

Raptor Couch

I have a 2009 raptor 300mp, I would like to replace the couch with something comfortable. Has any one removed the factory couch? Is there anything hidden behind the couch? Is the floor finished? Any input from anyone who has done this would be appreciated.
mpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Kaybee12

We are new to the 5er world and have not been around in the circle so the wife n I can't help you on the couch issue sorry, but I can help you fund a new sofa by taking the air mattress off your hands lol we have a 2013 300mp and the air bed is just a flat regular kind and can't figure out how to use it with the sofa. So if you pull the trigger let us know if you would be willing to part with the air bed thanks
Tyson n karie
Kaybee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
mpd2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybee12 View Post
We are new to the 5er world and have not been around in the circle so the wife n I can't help you on the couch issue sorry, but I can help you fund a new sofa by taking the air mattress off your hands lol we have a 2013 300mp and the air bed is just a flat regular kind and can't figure out how to use it with the sofa. So if you pull the trigger let us know if you would be willing to part with the air bed thanks
Tyson n karie
My air bed has a slow leak, we hardly ever use it so I have not checked it out, if I pull the sofa out I will check out the bed and let you know if it is ok or not.
mpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Kaybee12

Thank you. I wonder if you could fit the 2014 recliners in that space? Not sure i think keystone changed the slide out in 2012 and made them taller and not as deep as the 09-10-11 models but don't quote me on that one,and we are with you on wanting a better sofa too, the wife and I think that is the one part that the raptors fall short
Old 03-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Post another thread

There is another thread out there related to your topic. Use the search function and do a search for "Raptor 300 mp couch option" Not really following you on the air bed "Flat Bed", but as we all know not all the same model come out the same. The queen size air bed located inside the sofa was originally meant to be placed in the kitchen area between the sink cabinets and the common garage wall. The cushion on the sofa nearest the garage is to be removed and the lip of the air mattress sits in the area where the cushion was. Problem: some where along the line the sofa was changed but same air bed was not. NOT GOOD!!! I tried to chase this down but finally gave up. Here is what think ?? HAPPENED, original air mattress matched up with either a shorter sofa or a sofa with no arms. And yes its weird, but conclusion is air mattress will not fit in that area.

Even though we own 2013 Raptor 300MP's can not be guaranteed we have same sofa and/or air mattress. Who knows what was in the 2009?? When I have nothing to do may come back and visit this issue. as noted in the referenced thread I also was considering a change in sofa so air mattress issue was put aside.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #6
Kaybee12

That's what I was trying to say that the air bed in our raptor did not come with the lip that goes to the sofa, I called keystone and was told they do not offer the other style air bed anymore.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
That's what I was trying to say that the air bed in our raptor did not come with the lip that goes to the sofa, I called keystone and was told they do not offer the other style air bed anymore.
I can believe that, what I was saying is the air mattress supplied with the lip does not align with the newer couches (too wide) and therefore mattress will not work in that area. What is the size of the air mattress you have?

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
canesfan

Our 2014 300 came with one type couch, no option. It is nice and comfy with recliners on all 3 positions, but no sleeper option. But with the floorplan I'm not sure a sleeper would work, although I haven't measured it.

I have tried looking for the mfg of the couch, but the tag, if there was one, was removed by the dealer and I don't see anything anywhere else on it. A buddy of mine sat on it and thought it was so comfy he wanted the same one.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #9
Kaybee12

Raptor, it's a queen. And the 2014 recliners are very comfy and look a lot better than what came in the 12-13 models, mpd2001 maybe go to a stealer sorry ment dealer and measure the recliners?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd2001 View Post
I have a 2009 raptor 300mp, I would like to replace the couch with something comfortable. Has any one removed the factory couch? Is there anything hidden behind the couch? Is the floor finished? Any input from anyone who has done this would be appreciated.
mpd2001, Did meet someone with I think it was a 2012 297se who removed his original couch and replaced it with two separate recliners. There was a rug there, he did not mention that he added a rug so I assume it was the original rug covering the floor under his original sofa. He did say that he had to turn the two recliners to face each other when he brings the slide in and travels. Think he said the recliners where lazy boy wall hugger recliners and bought them at a regular furniture store.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Raptor, it's a queen. And the 2014 recliners are very comfy and look a lot better than what came in the 12-13 models, mpd2001 maybe go to a stealer sorry ment dealer and measure the recliners?
Kaybee12; Stick with me I may be having one of those Senior Moments If I understand you correctly, you were supplied with a standard Queen air mattress, ie no lip on it to lay on the sofa. It can not be used in the Kitchen area because the area near the garage door is too small. Do I have that correct Can only use it on the rear patio or outside.

You seem to be looking for a Queen size air mattress with that lip to lay on the sofa. What I was trying to explain is with the sofa we have in the 2013 model it will not work with the queen size air mattress with flap that Keystone had been providing. In general if you found one of these mattresses it would be too wide and would not work with your sofa.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #12
Kaybee12

Gotcha raptor
Old 03-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #13
ocho

I removed the bed/couch and set a couple of leather recliners there. Love it now!!
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #14
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
I removed the bed/couch and set a couple of leather recliners there. Love it now!!
Did not realize you were a Raptor 300MP Owner. As I said in other posts I have been thinking of going to a more comfortable seating in the Kitchen/LR area. Reclines would be ideal, only problem it limits me to only two seats. With the existing sofa, we have had four to five people (cozy, friendly) on that sofa and at times eating Our garage is not available for eating or lounging, the sofa is also used along with the folding table for the dinning area. Not sure if siting on a recliner at the table would work. Again never tried it. Do you use that area for dining? The other Raptor owner that I referenced in a previous post did exactly what you did, but uses his garage as the dinning area. What type recliners were they?

Thanks

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #15
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Did not realize you were a Raptor 300MP Owner. As I said in other posts I have been thinking of going to a more comfortable seating in the Kitchen/LR area. Reclines would be ideal, only problem it limits me to only two seats. With the existing sofa, we have had four to five people (cozy, friendly) on that sofa and at times eating Our garage is not available for eating or lounging, the sofa is also used along with the folding table for the dinning area. Not sure if siting on a recliner at the table would work. Again never tried it. Do you use that area for dining? The other Raptor owner that I referenced in a previous post did exactly what you did, but uses his garage as the dinning area. What type recliners were they?

Thanks
Theres just two of us so seating room isn't an issue. Having just two of us we removed the top bunk in the garage for the added head room. We have the Velocity model with the upgraded garage. It has carpet, cabinets, extra TV, W/D hookups etc. So when the toy aren't in there its exclusively the dining room/napping room. We got the recliners from Costco. They are full size recliners. We just pull them away from the wall a few inches and they recline fully. Great napping there as well!!
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote