Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
george7100

recommendations for 5vr for full-time

I don't have a rv at present time. I am looking for a 5vr for full time living. Just myself and 4-legged friend, will on occasions have 2-4 others stay over. Any ideas would be very helpful,b-4 I pull hair out
george7100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. It might help our members with some options for you to consider if you were to provide us with a few more details about your wants and needs. What you are asking is a pretty open-ended question. For example.........

Will you be travelling around or staying in one spot most of the time?
How much time will YOU be spending in it? Just to eat and sleep? or???
Are you looking for a Keystone RV or open to other brands?
Will children be staying over? (in which case you might want to look at a bunkhouse model)
In what part of the country will you be spending most of your time?
Are you looking at something with a lot of bells and whistles? basic? or ????
Have you been through any RV's and found features you liked or disliked? Floor plans??

Do you know anyone who has some experience with RV's or who owns one that can take you through some different models?

I can understand about "tearing your hair out". There are so many different makes, models, floorplans, lengths, features, etc. and making a decision is not easy. Since you will be living in it full-time, you will certainly need something with sufficient space.

I think if you were to give us some more information - if you can - it would help us offer some suggestions to you. Hopefully, we won't add to the confusion and difficulty that you seem to be facing now.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
george7100

re:recommendations

I live in Panhandle of Fl. I will be staying 6-9 mos here. Then traveling out west some. Most of the time, just myself, in summer time maybe have grandkids along. Really like the cougar 276rls,maybe the laredo 292rks.thx
Old 07-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
george7100

re:recommendations

that was a 266rl laredo,the numbers run together after awhile.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Pegleg

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by george7100 View Post
I don't have a rv at present time. I am looking for a 5vr for full time living. Just myself and 4-legged friend, will on occasions have 2-4 others stay over. Any ideas would be very helpful,b-4 I pull hair out
Defintely not a Keystone unit!
Pegleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
NWlambear

Unhappy Hmmmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
Well...this could be problematic! I'm thinking we were going part-fulltime at some point (at least a couple months out of the year)and my husband is saying to full time "definitely not a Keystone unit!". I can see couples need some "open communication"....especially us! How do others handle this communicating among couples with regard to rving plans, travel, etc. etc.?
https://homesweethomerv.blogspot.com.
NWlambear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Brian'n'Tricia:
You will find all sorts of opinions about Keystone and its products on this forum. If you have visited other RV sites, you will find exactly the same range .... positive to negative. The post you are referring to is one of those negative opinions. If you were buying a major appliance or a vehicle, you will hear all sorts of views - good and bad.

Do your homework, go through various makes and models and when you find one that meets your needs, go through it with a "fine-tooth comb". It might be a Keystone or it might be something else. You have lots to choose from!! If you are lucky, you may find one that meets both your needs in every aspect.

I think you would base your decision-making on the same kind of open communication you would normally do if you were making a major purchase of any type. There is no magic process you would follow when buying an RV. It is no different.
It doesn't have to be problematic. Frustrating, yes! I am sure you will do just fine.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWlambear View Post
Well...this could be problematic! I'm thinking we were going part-fulltime at some point (at least a couple months out of the year)and my husband is saying to full time "definitely not a Keystone unit!". I can see couples need some "open communication"....especially us! How do others handle this communicating among couples with regard to rving plans, travel, etc. etc.?
That answer is easy ....... "If Momma ain't happy ... ain't nobody happy." Good luck and I'm glad this forum can help get things out into the open ...... Actually, I'm glad my DW does not read this forum. I would be in a Keystone dog house, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
NWlambear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
That answer is easy ....... "If Momma ain't happy ... ain't nobody happy." Good luck and I'm glad this forum can help get things out into the open ...... Actually, I'm glad my DW does not read this forum. I would be in a Keystone dog house, Hank
[SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="2"]2008 FORD F250 XLT SUPER DUTY SUPER CAB DIESEL TOWING PKG
2010 KEYSTONE 'COUGAR' 292RKS
https://homesweethomerv.blogspot.com.
NWlambear is offline   Reply With Quote