Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
falconatsea

5.1 Surround System upgrade help needed

I have an 05 Everest 344J that needs some electronics upgraded. I am looking for what appears to be a 5.1 surround sound receiver/DVD player to replace the existing one that is old and decrepit... not to mention missing the remote. The issue I am running into is that the space that this current unit sits in is only about 4-3/4in tall... soooo whatever I get has to be low profile.
I honestly don't care if it has the DVD player but I really want it to go in the original space so I don't have to extend all the wires. I also need it to have HDMI port(s). The old tube TV is getting launched in the dumpster and replaced with some new Smart TV and they all use HDMI so it's a must.
I have been looking on BestBuy, Amazon, and NewEgg but nothing that fits the bill so far... someone out there has got to have something already installed in their RV, even a system a couple years old that can give me a make and model number off of.

Requirements:
- Must fit in a space about 4-3/4in tall... dont care about width.
- One or more HDMI ports
- Bluetooth and or WiFi a plus but not required
- 5.1 surround (FL, FR, C, RL, RR, + Sub)
- Would prefer no specialty speaker plugs.. I know there were some Sony 5.1 systems that had these funky color-coded speaker plugs because my brother has one in his RV.
Southern MD
falconatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #2
jasin1

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-roSbKf7XmaT/

Try this website..you can call them and they should be able to recommend something..they are one of the best

Go to products ..then marine…then power sports and specialty vehicles and choose rv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8E3AE97E-433B-4689-B389-85CE8264607F.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	36500   Click image for larger version

Name:	89964AE1-D802-4DA0-B8EE-2779C73F6D14.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	36501  
Old 10-25-2021, 07:23 AM   #3
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

well walmart has em, bust buy has em. I myself found a sony (with remote) at an auction for $5...its a blue/red ray dvd player, 6 speakers and has the dimensions of the average 5 disc cd/dvd player. will fit. it aint 12v and given its a 500W total power class D system, its gonna need a BIG inverter. The speakers are all 3.2ohm which is the new sexy for class D HT. This means the speakers in the walls and roof might not be 100% compatible.

look at the sony 'HCD' and perhaps the 'DAV' systems. many are now BT/wifi/smart home enabled and have a built in tuner.they have funky color coded speaker wires...not plugs, mine uses spring clips. so you can sub in any speakers but again pay attention to impedance. You can never go lower and if you go higher, a standard 4ohm speaker is off by 20%, on class D the roll off will be heard
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade