Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2021, 04:27 AM   #1
jnagraves

2021 Springdale 1800BH

Picked her up Saturday. Spent the evening/night in our driveway. Of course need to do something for the queen mattress. But we loved it. Haven’t asked our boys about there bunks.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated since we are first time owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FEB61447-B640-4DD4-A176-0AC039A6FEEB.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	36325  
jnagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:38 AM   #2
dutchmensport

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on the purchase of your new camper!

When searching for a new mattress, consider getting the same type-brand you use in your house, if you are comfortable with that one. There's nothing special about mattresses in RV's. Get the type-brand you are most comfortable with.

You are doing the right thing by "drive way camping". It give you time to learn the camper ... plus ... it's a lot of fun.

Here's my "tip" for you. If this is your first camper, you do not need to purchase items that are specifically labeled "RV". Think of your camper as an extension of your house, like ... maybe ... as an extra bedroom. Outfit it like you do in your house. For example, sheets, blankets, pots, pans, bath towels, toiletries, personal hygiene stuff. Anything labeled "RV" can be purchased cheaper in a different normal brand. And ... don't go overboard purchasing "gadgets" just to have a bunch of "gadgets". Purchase what you know you will actually use, and add the "gadgets" as you need them. This is a common problem we all encountered when we were new RVer's. We accumulated too much "junk" at the beginning and then never used it for anything. A year or two later, it all got removed from the camper. After RV ownership for over 25 years now, and being around RV's all my life, we have learned that "simple" is the best.

It's kind of like eating at a Buffet. "Take all you want, but eat all you take."

To translate that to the RV lifestyle, "Buy all you want, but use all you buy." Space is very limited in any RV.

Again ... congrats and have fun!
Old 10-10-2021, 05:41 AM   #3
jnagraves

Thank you!
jnagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:11 PM   #4
Gary R.

Hello and welcome aboard!

It is very easy to "overfill" an RV with too much stuff. My DW and I had to go thru and decide what we really needed, or not. The "not" was relegated either to charity or back in our S&B home.

Have fun and travel safe!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:50 AM   #5
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on the purchase of your new camper!

When searching for a new mattress, consider getting the same type-brand you use in your house, if you are comfortable with that one. There's nothing special about mattresses in RV's. Get the type-brand you are most comfortable with.

You are doing the right thing by "drive way camping". It give you time to learn the camper ... plus ... it's a lot of fun.

Here's my "tip" for you. If this is your first camper, you do not need to purchase items that are specifically labeled "RV". Think of your camper as an extension of your house, like ... maybe ... as an extra bedroom. Outfit it like you do in your house. For example, sheets, blankets, pots, pans, bath towels, toiletries, personal hygiene stuff. Anything labeled "RV" can be purchased cheaper in a different normal brand. And ... don't go overboard purchasing "gadgets" just to have a bunch of "gadgets". Purchase what you know you will actually use, and add the "gadgets" as you need them. This is a common problem we all encountered when we were new RVer's. We accumulated too much "junk" at the beginning and then never used it for anything. A year or two later, it all got removed from the camper. After RV ownership for over 25 years now, and being around RV's all my life, we have learned that "simple" is the best.

It's kind of like eating at a Buffet. "Take all you want, but eat all you take."

To translate that to the RV lifestyle, "Buy all you want, but use all you buy." Space is very limited in any RV.

Again ... congrats and have fun!
This is the reason that all the weight police advise newbies to use the rv GVWR when pairing it to a truck, the "just gotta haves" get loaded in & never gets unloaded & in most cases never used, it'll be loaded to the max within a few times camping. BTDT!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #7
RV Camper

Hi and Congrats on the the new trailer!
As someone who also has been Rv'ing in a bunkhouse with the kiddos, don't over buy. I have a tendency to over pack and take everything, and it can make for a bad camping trip, since I am constantly moving items trying to find what I need. If I don't plan on using the Dutch oven or other items, I don't take it. I have also learned that camping is a hobby, just relax and enjoy!
21 Ram 1500, hemi, 3:92 gears
RV Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale