Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
athelake

Cougar SRX Pre-wired For Fan?

We want to replace the bedroom and living room vents in our 325 SRX with 12v fans.

I don't have access to the 5th wheel currently. Does anyone know if they come pre-wired from the factory?
athelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:55 PM   #2
Retiredin1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by athelake View Post
We want to replace the bedroom and living room vents in our 325 SRX with 12v fans.

I don't have access to the 5th wheel currently. Does anyone know if they come pre-wired from the factory?
Our 2021 29RKS came prewired for front AC and just has a vent opening, same as in the living room. I got them to install the Maxair with remote control. They had to run a 12 volt wire for the living room and they used wires for the AC in the bedroom. You can look up the specs on your model to determine if it came prewired for front AC. I have read people snaking a wire from the bathroom fan back to the living room for that fan.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:05 PM   #3
LHaven

Don't know about your model. Mine has a vent only in the bedroom, and when I removed the skirting to investigate a mouse problem, I didn't see any wiring evident. It wouldn't have been prewired for an AC because it's only a 30A rig. But on my todo list is to pop out the headboard shelf box (very easy job) and run extra lengths of DC wire from the existing USB plate to a CPAP outlet (cig lighter style) and then up to the vent for later addition of a fan.

Tags
cougar