Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2021, 08:42 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

From another post: QUESTION TO KEYSTONE: Why do you put such low quality tires on a mid-range RV? (P.S.: I'm not really expecting an answer from Keystone, I know the answer. Low quality, cheap tires=Higher profits.

I don't think it would come as a surprise to anyone who has been around RV's for the past few years that in 2018 there was a "huge outcry from the public" about cheap chinese ST tires on RV's and the alarming failure rate. RVIA, the "industry controlled regulating agency" (membership is made up with RV company corporate members) agreed to a "new tire rating standard" and the entire industry agreed to use a larger "reserve capacity"....

At that same time, JAYCO, a competitor of Keystone, announced that they were going to "EXCLUSIVELY use ST tires made in the USA" on all their vehicles. The ONLY ST tire brand made in the USA was the "new Goodyear replacement for the Marathon line, the "all new Endurance". JAYCO only shipped trailers with "quality USA manufactured tires".... I believe that JAYCO still "only ships trailers with Goodyear Endurance tires on every trailer that leaves the plant"...

You can bet your last, bottom dollar that Keystone and every other RV manufacturer watched JAYCO's sales performance to see if that decision made any difference in "bottom line profits for JAYCO"....

I can assure you that if the move to "quality made in the USA tires" would have increased the bottom line for JAYCO, every RV manufacturer would now be installing "exclusively USA made tires" on all their products....

That's not the situation... So, apparently, "tire manufacturing in the USA" is not a strong selling point for RV buyers. If it were, every RV line would have them as standard equipment.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires