Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #1
PaulHasher

Question Soft Floor at Toilet

Hi,
I've got a 2017 Passport 199ML that my wife and I really love. We bought it used at the start of the 2019 season. We noticed recently that the floor around the toilet feels soft. Is this normal? If not, is this fixable?

Thanks much for your input.
Paul Howard
PaulHasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #2
tech740

I would say it is not normal. Personally I would remove the toilet to see what’s going on with the floor.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
LHaven

There's another recent thread on this topic. The owner found a plumbing flange that was obviously cracked before installation (because there was installation glue inside the crack).
Old 10-10-2020, 12:47 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I agree with the above. It doesn't take but maybe 5 minutes to pull that toilet then you can see the edges of the flooring around the base. As was mentioned another member just went through something like that with the cracked flange. Be sure and determine the type of toilet you have and have a spare toilet flange (seal) to replace the one you pull up.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:53 AM   #5
NH_Bulldog

You can see my post and experience on the subject here: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=44468

Without investigation, it is difficult to tell what the soft floor could be caused by; supply lines or drains for the toilet, tub, sink, black tank flush, exterior leak, etc. In my case it was the toilet floor flange, and the saga is ongoing since I have not fixed the floor yet.

The reason it is a big issue is that we have a floor “sandwich” covered by a water/vapor barrier on top and bottom. Darco plastic under protection, a layer of wood “product” glued to the aluminum floor framing, a void space filled with rigid styrofoam, another layer of wood “product” and then topped with vinyl floor. If water gets in between the layers it will not readily dry and water wicks into the wood “product” and spreads outwards causing soft floor and after a period of time without proper drying, complete disintegration of the structural integrity of the floor.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, toilet