Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
maddogrdhg

Faulty Landing Gear Switch

Have an 09 Raptor 300MP and the landing gear switch is evidently bad again. They changed the first under warranty. Thank goodness for the remote control or we would be cranking it up and down by hand. Do any others have this problem? I assume it is sized too small/lite and the amperage is burn the contacts. Help....Thanks
maddogrdhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Me.Bikes.Dogs

I've got a 2010 300MP and haven't had any problems with the landing gear switch. Fingers crossed.
2004 Harley Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide (for fun), 1 dog (great company)

Me.Bikes.Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Johnnyfry

Landing gear switch

Have you checked the in line fuse? I had exactly the same.issue in my 318SAB and it was the fuse.

It is a bit hard to find as it is tucked into the wiring loom running up to the switch. The fuse is a mini plug in automotive type.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
Handysam

Also remember to either have the shore power connected, or still connected to the truck with the engine running, before operating the landing gears. They are very sensitive on amperage, as well as the slides. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 06-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
BigCajun

I'm having the same issue right now. This is the second time around for this. Unfortunately this time is not under warranty. Keystone customer service referred me to Lippert. I just sat on hold for 20 minutes with Lippert only to get disconnected.

Landing gear will only work with remote, not manual. 30 amp fuse is good. I reset the remote function at the request of Keystone but that did not help. They told me to call Lippert. All other functions work properly both manually and via remote.

I will continue to try to contact Lippert...