Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #21
crackerjr

Fridge Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSquadOfUn View Post
More photos
How did you tie-in the fans to the fridge? Are they tied to the fans on top? I love the concept extremely curious how you did it. I like the dimmer switch idea also. I just bought a 315RL in September and love the upgrades you made. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
crackerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #22
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjr View Post
How did you tie-in the fans to the fridge? Are they tied to the fans on top? I love the concept extremely curious how you did it. I like the dimmer switch idea also. I just bought a 315RL in September and love the upgrades you made. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Many have done this kind of mod. While I suppose it's possible to wire these into the existing fans most kits, like the one I installed, have their own thermistor, either at a fixed temp, or adjustable. I wired mine into the 12v wire block at the bottom of the fridge just inside the bottom vent panel. I installed the fans just inside the top vent to make sure that the hot air was being evacuated. My thermistor is adjustable so I tweaked that until the fans came on and shut off when I needed them to.

If you search on eBay you can find fan kits for RV fridges. Or you can compile your own.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #23
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Same as the other gent. My thermistor is preset at 120°F, it turns the fans on. They are simply glued together and screwed to the top of the opening. Work very well.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:25 AM   #24
crackerjr

Thank you

I did find another thread that explained everything in detail. Thank you all for your help.
crackerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #25
CedarCreekWoody

Quote:
I did find another thread that explained everything in detail. Thank you all for your help.
Can you supply a link to that thread?
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, fifth wheel