Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
troutbum53

Gold Wing trike in 10' garage?

Has anyone tried loading/hauling a GW trike in either the Carbon or Raptor TH? Mine is right at 9'4" and I have concerns about the trike bottoming out at the top of the ramp beavertail. Any input appreciated....thanks!
troutbum53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 AM   #2
mwhit

Wink Mine fits

I have a Fuzion 300 with a 10 foot garage and my Goldwing 1500 fits in perfectly. I use a free standing wheel chock from Harbor Freight and some heavy duty straps with safety latches. The whole setup works great. Only if the trailer were sitting out of level with the back end being higher than level may you have a problem with bottoming out going up the ramp. This should not be an issue you can not overcome by a bit of planning. Riding up or coming down a steep ramp has it's own set of challenges. Good luck in whatever direction you go.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum53 View Post
Has anyone tried loading/hauling a GW trike in either the Carbon or Raptor TH? Mine is right at 9'4" and I have concerns about the trike bottoming out at the top of the ramp beavertail. Any input appreciated....thanks!
I had 28 ft forest river bp toy, my gw trike is 117 inch from front of tire to rear of bumper,barely fit at an angle. Had to put 4 to 6 inch under end of ramp and 60 inch long by 3/4 inch thick plywood set on top of wood blocks to ge my angle. Is this 5th wheel or bumper, also do you have hyd jacks. Good luck. kip
kippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 AM   #4
Nailz

I'm not a trike owner so I'm not sure that anything I say might be helpful. I do own a goldwing. My TH does not have the dovetail in the garage. So my transition from the ramp into the trailer may be more acute.

Does the trike retain the electrically adjustable rear shock? If so this might help gain a little clearance.

Also, as other have suggested, raising the trailer tongue and/or extending and raising the ramp will help reduce the transition angle.

Good luck,

Curtis

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate, B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing
Veteran
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote