Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
81SHOVELHEAD

Another WD hich question

Hello all
We haven't pulled the trigger yet on the either 246 rbs or 248 rks but i have been getting all kinds of usful information from this site.
My question is what are the pros/ con's between the Blue OX & Equalizer hitches .
We have a dealer here advertizing a Blue OX for 579.00 .
Seem's what i have been seeing is the Eqalizer is running arount 100.00 cheaper .
i guess my real question is from a safety/performance standpoint is the blue ox worth the 100 bucks more?
Is set up about the same?
We have narrowed it down between these 2 floor plans & i do not mind paying the etra money is there are advantages in buying the Blue ox
Thanks in advance
Mike D
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
fla-gypsy

I haven't used either one but have heard positives on both. I use the Reese HP Dual Cam and it is very effective. Buying a good integrated sway control WD hitch doesn't have any downsides. Your choice.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Escs36

I have the equilizer and seems very effective. I chose equilizer for the anti-sway and weight distribution in one. Trial error is the only way to gain personal experience. I do agree that any system is better than none. Pick the one you think will be the easiest to hook up to and store. No matter what you end with heavy greasy chunks of steel.
Escs36 is offline   Reply With Quote