Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
RaptorMan

300 mp

My 2010 Raptor toy hauler 300 mp has been in the shop for two weeks now, My dealer called me this past friday to tell me Keystone still have not sent them the part they need. They need a module that controls the slide outs front and rear jacks awning and porch lights. Just wondering if anyone else heard of this with keystone. So far we have used it four times and have had nothing but trouble with it.
RaptorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
beemerguy

Same Problem RaptorMan!

RaptorMan,
Don't feel so bad! We have the same year and model, and are having the same issues; mostly the front jacks. Keystone is giving our dealer the run-around also. Our dealer feels the issue is the module (circuit board) at the controller. Our Raptor has been at the dealers for two weeks also and we haven't even had a chance to use our new 5th wheel. You would think Keystone, with both of us having the same identical issues, would get these problems fixed sooner than two weeks.

Ron
beemerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
RaptorMan

Ron, We got ours back yesterday. I walked around with the guy at the dealer and everything worked just find, Then i pulled it home and raised the front of the trailer and the front jacks would not stop going up. I had to take the fuse out. So I called the dealer and they order a new switch for it but i don't think thats the problem. They already replaced the control module (circuit board). I called keystone again and told me they are doing everything they can do get it fixed. Have you called keystone? If so who are you talking to over there. I have been talking to a woman name Robin. Let me know how everything goes with you.

Mike
Old 05-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
RaptorMan

Well i took it back to the dealer and the new Control module is bad again. Hope to hear something this week. Sure would be nice to use the thing just once without having trouble. Ron thanks for calling me, Maybe with both of us talking to the same person we can get something done.

Mike
Old 05-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
beemerguy

300mp

Got my trailer back Monday, everything working OK. Will be heading Northwest early next week for 3 or 4 months that should check out the control mod.
Mike which fuse did you remove to stop the front jack? The diagram shows 3 30amp fuses. Also pulled-up Interactive web site and can not find are control unit RP-IQ16RX. Is this the same one you have? CW replaced part# 297582 (control sys), would like more information on this control unit.
thanks,ron
Old 05-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
beemerguy

correction 4 30amp fuses
ron
Old 05-08-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
RaptorMan

Ron Im not sure what part # it was, But the 30 amp fuse is right. I talked to keystone and had them to rewire the front jacks so they don't run thru the module anymore. I picked it up yesterday and we are at a local campground just to check everything out, So far so good. Everything is working good. Everytime we had a problem it started with the front jacks. I also wanted them to just do away with the remote system but they did not want to do that. Hopefully rewiring the front jacks will take care of the problem. I will check on the part # and get back with you.

Mike.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
RaptorMan

Ron, I have the same part number you have. There are 2 30 amp fuses for the front jacks. One is for the up and one for the down. The first time i had a problem one of the 30 amp fuses for the front jacks blew then when i replaced it the whole module shorted out. Nothing would work. Then they put the new module on. When i got it home thats when the front jacks would not stop rising the trailer. So i kept hitting the switch then the 30 amp blew. They said the relay on the control board was stuck. Thats when i asked keystone if the dealer could just rewire the front jacks so they don't run thru the control module anymore, they agreed to do that. So far so good we took it out this weekend and for the first time did not have any problems. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope this helps you. If you still have my number feel free to call at anytime. Hope you have a fun and safe trip.

Mike
Old 05-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
beemerguy

Mike,

Raptorguy . . . Beemerman here!! Guess what? Everything worked for a week and now (today) we are stuck in Tucumcari, NM; out in know where! You guessed it . . . the front jacks aren't working. Thank you for the location of the fuses. I will check them in the morning. My wife and I had to crank the front jacks manually and we are not at a young age. We emailed Robyne and waiting for a reply.

Ron
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
KanTC

RE: Stuck in Tucumcari, NM ?

Beemerman... I don't know if this info will be helpful to you, but... there's a Keystone Dealer in Clovis, NM (south & east of Tucumcari). It's *Bison RV Center*; toll free # 866-247-6678... they're good folks!

Terri (& Kevin) from southern NM
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #11
slateHD

subscribing
Old 05-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
RaptorMan

Ron,

Are the front jacks the only thing not working? If so when you get to a dealer have them rewire the front jacks away from the control module. Since I had them do mine like that everything is working. Hope this helps. Keep me informed.

Mike
Old 05-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
beemerguy

Front Landing Jacks

Thanks Mike and maybe when we get home, I will have the same rewiring done on our camper.

After an hour on the phone, at a local RV Repair Garage, Keystone approved the garage to check out and repair the problem. They found some shorts in the wiring.

I replaced both 30 amp fuses and after their repair, I replaced all 4 fuses with circuit breaker type.

Thanks KanTC for your info on the dealer in NM, but Keystone finally approved the work to be done here in Tucumcari.

I hope all goes well for the rest of our trip. Will keep you posted!

Ron