Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
HouseMouse

Optional Furrion FP Main Source of heat?

2019 Keystone 325RL. Still working my way through our New To Us Used unit. It has the Optional Furrion Fire Place. Is this the sole source of heat? Our 5er has floor heating outlets and outlets in the Pass-Through storage. Are they connected to the Furrion Fp? As the FP was an Option, did this Option chosen omit the Propane Furnace-Heater? I can't find a Furnace/Heater anywhere. Even looked for exhaust vent on roof. Only Exhaust vent is for the Water heater that I found. Looking for advice. Furrion FP is approximately 40" wide. Thanks.
HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:28 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You should have a furnace, controlled by a thermostat or the HVAC panel on your InCommand. The fireplace is 120VAC and only blows heat out the front of the fireplace if it’s operating.

Your furnace is 12V/LP so as long as you have a decent battery and propane you can stay warm without having to plug in.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:34 PM   #3
HouseMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
You should have a furnace, controlled by a thermostat or the HVAC panel on your InCommand. The fireplace is 120VAC and only blows heat out the front of the fireplace if it’s operating.

Your furnace is 12V/LP so as long as you have a decent battery and propane you can stay warm without having to plug in.
It has Heating ducts front to rear. I can't for the love of beer find the heater. I just opened up the whole sidewall in the pass-through. Found the Converter among other things.... The front AC unit in the Master B has AC only on the wall mounted control box. I went under the unit and followed the Gas line to a "Metal Box" with a 3" Alumanized flex hose to the Flooring Duct work in the Master B-Room. Now, there is no switch to turn on the heat and that duct work is not connected to the main living area. it's a separate ducted area. Now that Metal Box has a Gas Line to it but, there is no way it's a furnace. Maybe a Mini-Split AC/heat unit? i Contacted Keystone and I'm awaiting a reply.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:09 PM   #4
HouseMouse

Found it!!!! Looks like a pain in the neck to service. All truth be done here, wife found it.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:15 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a 35,000 BTU furnace located either in the bottom of the pantry (just forward of the roadside slide) or in the basement under the shower. I'd suspect it's in the pantry, located in a part of the cabinet with a removeable top or front for access....

Go outside, on the roadside and locate the furnace exhaust/intake fixture. The furnace is on the inside, at floor level, directly behind the exhaust/intake.

Here's what you're looking for on the trailer exterior sidewall:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FurnaceSuburbaExhaustAssy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	40512  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat