Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2021, 08:49 PM   #1
pbaz

Interior wall flexing at control panel

I am new to Rv's and have a Cougar 29 RLKWE. The wall that the in-command controls are installed on a wall that is almost too flexible to use the pad. I was wondering if other people have had the same issue and did they do something to stiffen up the wall to make using it easier. comments are welcome too.
pbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:21 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. What you are describing is subjective so it's impossible to say if what you are experiencing is out of the norm. RVs unlike houses are built as light as possible. The interior walls are constructed of very thin panels without much bracing. The InCommand panel is a touch screen much like a cell phone and should not require any real pressure to operate.

You didn’t share the year of your trailer so impossible to know if it's new or used. If it's new I would contact the dealer incase the wall is defective. The other option is to go to a dealer and see if other units are similar. A video of the flex would help. In would also be beneficial to you if you click on the UserCP at the top of the page. Enter the year, make, and full model of your trailer and tow vehichle and click on save. This signature will then appear in every post you make and will result in more relevant answers.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:22 AM   #3
rhagfo

Well most interior walls are simply about 1/8", maybe 3/16" plywood on large spans. If you can remove the panel and slip a piece of 3/4" X 3/4" inside the wall and glue in place, that could make a big difference.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:31 AM   #4
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaz View Post
I am new to Rv's and have a Cougar 29 RLKWE. The wall that the in-command controls are installed on a wall that is almost too flexible to use the pad. I was wondering if other people have had the same issue and did they do something to stiffen up the wall to make using it easier. comments are welcome too.
I have a '20 29RLKWE and while there is some flex in the wall where the InCommand panel is mounted, I wouldn't describe it as difficult to use. If it's that bad, agree you should check into it further.

One other thing the DW just mentioned - that screen is not the most responsive to touch. Are you perhaps giving the controls a good push instead of just a light brush if they don't react immediately? This could really highlight the normal flex you see in the wall.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:31 PM   #5
pbaz

You are correct I wasn’t detailed enough. My RV is a 2020 years 29RLKWE. Perfect condition. The wall in question looks perfect it only “flexes” because of the in-command control on it. I would have thought it would have been installed either left or right on the panel or use some kind of support behind it due to the force required to use it. I’m thinking of supporting the span (between the frame parts) just above the screen. I was just wondering if anyone else was just as “anal” about a trivial thing as I am. Just looking for ideas.
pbaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel