Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #1
RamRod78

Question Winterization Kit - FlowJet Pump

I have a new Hideout with the water pump under the sink. We have some early season camping coming up, and with the ever present danger of a spring freeze I would like to get set for an easy Winterization through the pump installed now.

I've seen the CAMCO kits, but they seem to have screw fittings. My pump has a barb fitting on the inlet, but they also look like the push-in Quad port fittings.

My question is do I really need one of the kits with a valve? Can I just get another Quad port fitting and a length of tubing... do the Quad ports fittings stand up to being switched in and out?

Iain

2021 Hideout 26BHWE
2019 GMC Sierra 1500 5.2l
RamRod78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
dutchmensport

I had the same type of pump two travel trailers ago (Springdale). Here's how I took care of it. The parts came from my local RV dealership parts department:

Old 04-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #3
RamRod78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I had the same type of pump two travel trailers ago (Springdale). Here's how I took care of it. The parts came from my local RV dealership parts department:

Thanks, that's what I was thinking of doing.... I take it those pump fittings held up to being swapped out ok?

Iain

2021 Hideout 26BHWE
2019 GMC Sierra 1500 5.2l
RamRod78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post

Dutchmen

This picture sequence is worth it's weight in gold. Thanks for posting this. We have a 2020 and the water pump is buried in tall narrow box, and surrounded by a bunch of wire harness for the autoleveler. With your pics I can now see what I have to do.

Thanks again
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:09 PM   #5
dutchmensport

RamRod78, yes, I had no problems with "it" holding up. We had that Springdale for 8 years, and living in Indiana, I winterized at least 8 times. However, we also traveled "South" many times during the winter months, and sometime, I'd winterize and unwinterize 4 or 5 times a season. I never had problems, it always worked. Good luck!

Tags
winter