Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Chuck, what Division of Forest River do you deal with? FR is a big company with a lot of Divisions and they seem to be operated somewhat independently. Their Rockwood Division has been good to me which is why I’m now on my 3rd one.

I'm hoping that all goes well for you now and in the future. Sounds like you have history where they've done right by you. Dear brother owned 2, I believe the last one was actually an 8290, and gave up on RVing due to FR and their lack of customer service. I told him it was probably the dealer (CW) and gave him the contact chain to make things happen. That didn't work because FR was "stuck" and wouldn't do a thing....for months.

I think we all appreciate experiences like yours, I know I do. Like any, all, RV brands, some of us have stellar experiences and others have that "trip from hell". Thanks for the insight.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #22
dlorence

get your money back!
dlorence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Chuck, what Division of Forest River do you deal with? FR is a big company with a lot of Divisions and they seem to be operated somewhat independently. Their Rockwood Division has been good to me which is why I’m now on my 3rd one.
Forest River (#2 RV manufacturer) has only a fraction of different divisions as Keystone's parent company, Thor (#1 RV manufacturer). All those divisions of both are most all built by the same demographic of employees, so honestly don't think there's a nickels worth of differences in any brand or model out there, just luck of the draw as to whether you get a good'un & the buyers ability/willingness to do repairs. If the buyer is unable/willing to do repairs & if their dealer sucks then they will either be on here asking for help/advice or on here complaining about whatever brand RV they bought & will never buy again.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #24
itat

There are lots of stories over on their brand forum telling about the Rockwood factory being very responsive. The dealers, often not so much. I suspect that that's true of many brands. My first RV other than the popup was a used Rockwood hybrid and they were more than generous when I had a delamination problem. They've also been helpful to nudge the dealer that I bought the current 5er from.

I can say that when we've looked at the various brands at RV shows, its easy to see poor quality construction. I've heard people rave about Grand Design but I had a cabinet door fall off in my hand in a Reflection trailer at an RV show. Nobody is exempt from quality issues. When I talk to folks who are looking to get into RVing, I tell them to pick a floorplan, then research for a good manufacturer who builds that floorplan and finally research for a great dealer who sells that brand.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2014-2018)
itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:54 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
... They've also been helpful to nudge the dealer that I bought the current 5er from....
I think this part of your post describes the root of good (or bad) customer service. Any dealer support is only as good as the weakest link. Whether it's the service technician, the service manager, the dealership, the distributor, the warranty administrator at the factory or the factory "philosophy" that restricts what the customer "gets in the way of support", the failure, no matter who is responsible is just as "real and frustrating".....

It looks like, from your statement, Rockwood stepped up to the plate to help the customer by "nudging the dealer".... That's not something we typically see in today's RV market: Factory support that goes beyond the dealer support....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #26
6.2 Superduty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty46 View Post
Sell back and think you can regain the sales tax if you buy another within a time span of having paid the original sales tax. In missouri we have one year to apply the paid amount on another vehicle--of any sort by the way.
I hope you are correct, but I thought it was 6 months.Your neighbor in Ofallon
6.2 Superduty is offline   Reply With Quote