Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
dietzldub

Can Not Get Cable TV

We have a 2018 366RDS and it only has the Satellite Prep spot to connect the coax. We’ve tried to turn off the RV boost, and can’t get any channels. The only way we can watch tv is from the trailer antenna.

Here is a picture of our docking station.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0FAC30B9-17B9-4B0C-AF81-8F4E2CAC14ED.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	23487  
dietzldub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
DDG

Just a though by your city water hook up it looks like you have cap above and below have you check them to see if they are you cable ports.
DDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
dietzldub

Unfortunately those are both hose ports. The one above the city port is anti freeze port, and the one below is the black tank clean out.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:58 PM   #4
dietzldub

My neighbor at the campground has a 2019 Cougar and he has two ports, one for satellite, and one for cable.

This is a pic of his docking station.

Edit: I’ll have to download the pic when I have better service.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:35 PM   #5
K_N_L

Thats kinda odd. If you look behind the tv(s) do you have dual cable jacks? That would signal that there are dual runs to the TV's. Dual runs would mandate a separate input jack somewhere. Is there a signal booster anywhere in the unit, or is it the newer KeyTv?

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:16 PM   #6
dietzldub

There is a booster in the bedroom. When we turn it off we can’t get any channels being hooked up to the satellite location out in the docking station. When we turn it on (light illuminated) we get local channels through the roof antenna. I don’t see any extra jacks in the bedroom or in the living room.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietzldub View Post
There is a booster in the bedroom. When we turn it off we can’t get any channels being hooked up to the satellite location out in the docking station. When we turn it on (light illuminated) we get local channels through the roof antenna. I don’t see any extra jacks in the bedroom or in the living room.
Have you went to the setup menu on the tv to change input to "cable" then do the "auto scan". You must do this any time you relocate whether using the antenna, booster on, or park cable, booster off.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:16 PM   #8
bobbecky

It's possible that one of the coax cables are not connected or are connected backwards from any labels. This tool is pretty inexpensive and will help you trace which cable goes where. Once you know where the incoming cable goes, connecting and receiving cable should be pretty easy. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...-100/303834923
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:53 AM   #9
dietzldub

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Have you went to the setup menu on the tv to change input to "cable" then do the "auto scan". You must do this any time you relocate whether using the antenna, booster on, or park cable, booster off.
Yeah we’ve done the auto search with the cable selected, the boost turned off, park cable hooked up and we don’t get any channels.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #10
dietzldub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
It's possible that one of the coax cables are not connected or are connected backwards from any labels. This tool is pretty inexpensive and will help you trace which cable goes where. Once you know where the incoming cable goes, connecting and receiving cable should be pretty easy. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...-100/303834923
Thank you I’m going to stop by a Home Depot and grab that.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:56 AM   #11
dietzldub

I just went straight from the Park box through the window to the tv and get all of the cable channels. So at least I know the tv is working fine.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #12
jlonginav

On my 2018 367FLS I found the factory did nor run Coax from the back of the SAT/Cable connector up to the TV area
Old 09-09-2019, 08:15 AM   #13
wiredgeorge

Just curious... what the the black thing above the SAT PREP connection?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #14
dietzldub

[QUOTE=wiredgeorge;358021]Just curious... what the the black thing above the SAT PREP connection?

That is the solar panel connection.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
dietzldub

That’s what I’m finding with ours. I bought one of those continuity coax testers and I’m not getting anything to go to the tv coax plate in the living room.
I am showing a connection in the bedroom. I need to play with it some more to see if we can get the cable source in the bedroom.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #16
jlonginav

The panel that contains my cable/sat and solar connections was only secured via screws. I was easy to unscrew and remove the panel. The check to see if there is indeed a coax line connected and running up to you primary TV. Good luck
Old 09-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #17
Camper junkie

Just a thought

In my 2015 keystone next to the booster, there was a small jumper cable that you had to disconnect and hook up tv to one of the jacks for cable to work. In my 2017 Cougar it had 2 spots, one for cable and one for sat dish in the docking station. Could not get one to work so we opened up access panel and found only one of the jacks was hooked up, the second one didn’t even have a cable to run to it. I had dealer run a new cable from open jack to the wall where tv is and now it is dedicated just for cable to tv hookup. It only cost me $35 and nothing was tore apart, they just fished the wire through the wall doing no harm to insulation. Just a thought.
Camper junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #18
cliff

Go to where the booster and antenna box is and take it out of the wall. If it's in thu bed room closet then you may be able to see the back inside the closet. anyway, there are three coax connections; one is for the roof antenna, the nexf is the connection to the second Tv, and the third is the cable. Get your antenna manual to see the order. Now you known which one should have the cable connection. Next time hook the cable in there to see if it works, making sure you have the green light off. You should have cable at both TV's after programming the TV's. At least at this point you know the back end of the cable system works, or not. If it does, you have to figure out what's wrong with the cable coming into the trailer. Since the TV works with the antenna, I don't believe you will find the cable hooked directly to the booster won't work. Good luck.
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #19
Phil Saran

I know each brand and model is different. I have a Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
and my hookup for the campground TV service is on the right side of the pass through while everything else (solar etc.) is in the left side with the water hook
ups.
Colorado
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #20
Frosty46

Edzackery correct.........
Frosty46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable