Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #1
johnsdeere

LCI power awning pulling out from side of 2015 Cougar

We have a 2015 Cougar 326srx with LCI power awning. Awning was loose on both ends from the factory where the rail meets the side of the Cougar. Its been tightened, more screws added and every time its rolled up it pulls the mounting rail out and away from the side leaving a gape on both end. Keystone has refused warranty at this point saying that we are over extending the awning which can be done it just rolls backwards in that case. I looked at a few other Cougars from the same year with LCI awnings and they are coming loose as well. I suggest if you have a LCI Awning you look at the mounting rail for it pulling away.
johnsdeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
Tbos

I have an LCI on my Passport and haven't noticed anything yet.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
nellie1289

this is a known super common problem. they fixed mine with more screws and recaulk and it has held, in the 336bhs thread in the fifth wheel section of the forum you will see everyone all saying they have same problem. don't give in, tell them to fix it and keep fixing it!!!!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
Campy

This might be hard to explain but are the arms folding back in correctly? My 14 Cougar has issues with the awning and I found that the arms mounted to the wall are not parallel and don't close completely therefore pulling the fabric mount loose from the wall at each end. I have measured mine and it can be easily fixed if I shorten the roller tube by 3/4 inch, no easy task but better than redrilling the wall to correct the misalignment. Get a safe ladder and go up and look at the ends of the arms when folded up and see if the arm is "overlapping" the track not letting the arm go completely to the wall.