Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
spicercars

Bigger fridge

Anybody replace there fridge with a bigger one? I would love to have a 18cu fridge. Thanks
Old 12-05-2015, 05:30 AM   #2
bsmith0404

I did, but it came with a bigger 5th wheel wrapped around it. Okay, I know my response was no help what so ever, but I couldn't resist.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:49 AM   #3
notanlines

Spicer, suppose we trade our big 'fridge for your International? Having grown up in a trucking business I have always had the hots for what you're towing with. Lots of red and lots of chrome. Momma says when pigs fly.....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #4
svo

Larger Fridge

In my last 5th wheel, the refrigerator went out. It was the standard 7 cu. ft. RV model by Dometic. Around here, I could get it rebuild by the Amish for about $800.00, which wasn't bad. Problem was that it would take 2 weeks, which I didn't have. I was going to the NASCAR race. I went to Lowes and got an apartment sized refrigerator. The outside dimensions were exactly the same. I removed the old one, and the replacement one slipped right in. I had to make a couple of brackets for the back of it to bolt it to the RV. The only problem was that it was a 120 volt only unit. As long as we were connected to shore power or generator power, we were OK. Eventually I installed an inverter specifically for the fridge so it would stay cold going down the road. This worked great, and as far as being larger, I didn't have to use a cooler for extra supplies for a full week at the race. I think the new fridge was 14 cu. ft., not sure though. I never had any problems with that unit and eventually traded the RV in on a 2016 308 BHDS.
svo is offline   Reply With Quote