Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
dirtymutt

leaking furnace vent

I thought my slide was leaking but I am pretty sure its coming in my furnace vents. Has anyone else had this I'm not really sure how to overcome this. Also shower is leaking when showering what are the odds its the glass panel assembly.
dirtymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If you suspect the furnace vent, remove, thoroughly clean and re caulk it using gray butyl tape or Geocel RV Sealant - not silicone.

It may well be that the leak in the shower is coming from the glass panel assembly - especially the door. Have a good look at all the seams and re caulk any areas that look suspicious. Pay particular attention to where the panel meets the bottom shower floor enclosure.

If silicone has been used as a sealant then applying another coat of silicone will be problematic since silicone doesn't adhere to itself. Try to find another product suitable for this type of application that is not silicone based.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #3
dirtymutt

With the furnace vent I didn't explain very good what I meant was I think the water is entering through the actual holes not from the cover.
With the shower thanks for the silicone tip what would you recommend as a alternative.
dirtymutt is offline   Reply With Quote