Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Jim Dow

Better Sleep

The best and easiest mod I have made to our 2011 Montana High Country was a piece of 1/2" plywood under the mattress - cut to size. It got rid of the SAG.

Next we added a 2" memory foam pad over the mattress; and we can sleep.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

I'm debating buying a tempurpedic for the RV.

We have one for the house. BEST purchase ever!
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
BulletOwner1

When we full-timed we went to a mattress store and ordered a short queen for our RV, but on our current one (don't full time any more) we just bought the 2" memory foam topper. The topper is still a big improvement over the typical RV mattress.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Ron

We had the 2" memory foam in our horse trailer now it is in our Montana, all I can say is Sleep Sleep Sleep
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #5
WaltBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dow View Post
The best and easiest mod I have made to our 2011 Montana High Country was a piece of 1/2" plywood under the mattress - cut to size. It got rid of the SAG.

Next we added a 2" memory foam pad over the mattress; and we can sleep.
Interesting - your model doesn't have a piece of plywood underneath the mattress already (to allow for under the bed storage)? Bought our '10 Hickory edition 3665RE last year and added a memory foam topper as the mattress was too firm (and I keep my side of our Sleep Number at home up to 90).

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Poppy's 5th Wheel

We just finally got rid of the junk mattress that came in our Cougar High Country. It's been bad for a couple years. When I pulled the mattress out it had 2 distinct sags where we each slept.

At first I though maybe the plywood base was broken only to discover there is no solid base (to answer WaltBennett). They use a system of cross members and a fabric cover. Must be a weight saving item in the High Country units. I considered adding plywood but then worried about the additional weight on the cable slide mechanism. We ended up going with a residential mattress. I guess our OEM mattress was a standard queen because it is the same size as what we bought with the exception of being an inch thicker which does make it a bit more challenging to get in at night.
2007 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison CC 4x4
2007 Corvette Z51
2009 Cadillac CTS
Poppy's 5th Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote