Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #1
AlCorr

Truck and Trailer washed

I'll be leaving New Bedford, MA at the end of February, if weather is ok, going to St Augustine Florida. Can anyone a suggestion where to get the Truck and Trailer washed when I get down to better weather. How much $$$. Thank You.
New Bedford, MA
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...R/IMG_1198.jpg
AlCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
Outbackmel

Here are my 2 cents

Washing of trucks and trailers is always tough on the road. SEVERAL of the campgrounds I have stayed at had restrictions, (including where we sit today in Williston, FL), Some allowed independent contractors who were registered and approved by the park to bring their "stuff" including water, and do the job on site.
You might want to check around the Jacksonville area for such an opportunity.

Second, along I 95, there are places that specialize in truck trailer wash. Again, along the major highway's only. Once you get inland along the coast, NADA, out of luck. I am sure they will be "pricey"

You could call both Camping World in Jacksonville and Camping World in St Augustine and see what they recommend.

Also final: Pellicer RV campground just opened in St Augustine and is a small park with like 40 sites and the owner is on site. We were booked there in December, But, sudden illness forced us to cancel. I would bet money that for a nominal fee, he would let you wash your rig if you are staying overnight. Personally, I would go that route.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
byrdr1

Check Blue Beacon truck wash located near most major truck stops on the highways.
My son works there on second shift. My truck and 5er can be washed for around $35-45 together.
There are pretty good at what they do. My son is the second shift bay supervisor. He says they wash & rinse at least one RV and truck daily. If the weather would be above freezing or not raining on a Saturday while he is working I would get mine washed.
He said they take extra care with decals as some of the trucking firms and drivers are very particular about their decals and paint jobs.
Just a suggestion.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
gregrc75

If the weather is forcasted to be good, I think there is a truck wash in the Bennys parking lot in Fairhaven. I have seen big rigs in there. Not completely sure because I usually do mine in my driveway.

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote