Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
MotoMom

How do you custom order cougar 325 srx

I want to order a cougar toy hauler 325 srx with free standing dinette. Not a booth. Do you do this thru local dealership?
MotoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Yes, that would be your best option. If the free-standing dinette is a "must have", you might want to have something in writing from the dealership which indicates that you will not accept a Cougar 325SRX that arrives for you with a booth. Sometimes, members get something that they thought was ordered but didn't arrive quite that way.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
KanTC

MotoMom, sorry to say that the 325SRX (& 325SRXWE west coast) is listed as "Stock Only" on the
manufacturer website. http://www.keystonerv.com/cougar/#/floorplans

Apparently that specific model/floorplan has been dropped from the Cougar line, and probably (already)
no longer in production. It's possible, though, your local dealer might locate one that hasn't yet
been shipped from the 2 (Indiana/Oregon) factory lots, and/or maybe one still on another dealer's lot.

Good luck.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
billb800si

Contact your dealer. You will be amazed at what dealers can change out to make a sale.
My niece sells RV's. She was out when I called the dealership so I talked with another salesperson (experienced) and said I wanted a price on an Enterra trailer with a 8 cubic foot frig. No way!! Even talked with the Enterra Rep. twice. He confirmed Enterra doesn't supply a 8 cub ft. frig. So I buy a Cougar HC 321RES with a 8 cub ft frig. My niece calls me a week ago asking about if I purchased yet. Told her what happened. She was furious. Said the dealer could easily pull the 6 cub ft frig and replace with a 8. All they had to do was removed a drawer under the 6 cub ft frig and slide the 8 into it. She said they do stuff like that all the time.
So don't giver up just yet..
Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
MotoMom

MotoMom

Thanks for input. I spoke to a dealer in Tacoma Wa. and she said they switch it out from another trailer that has same decor and a table. Wondering now if I should just remove it myself and buy a table so when (if) I ever sell it it has both options. Also now I am looking at the 326 model???? Like the tv location better. Kinked neck looking to the left always with most locations of tv's. looks more expensive tho
MotoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
Mover480

Here's a new one for sale with the table and chairs

http://www.genuinerv.com/2013-keysto...eel-tx-i798707