Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2022, 09:56 PM   #1
MiaDia

Stationary Blinds

The wooden mini blinds in our 2020 Keystone Cougar don’t roll up and down. They are tied to a plastic knob on the wall and only open and close.
Does anyone else have this type of blind? I miss the full view of the outdoors.
MiaDia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:02 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaDia View Post
The wooden mini blinds in our 2020 Keystone Cougar don’t roll up and down. They are tied to a plastic knob on the wall and only open and close.
if you put them in the open position you can lift from the bottom with your hand and they stay at what ever place you stop lifting…push them all they way up and they stay there…they glide up and down on the strings…it doesn’t have the old style where you pull the string to raise them
Old 07-21-2022, 05:49 AM   #3
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaDia View Post
We got tired of those 'wood' mini blinds as they are user unfriendly and dust collectors. We just swapped them out for Irvine Day/Night 'slow rise' roller shades. The regional distributor is in Mesa - close by to you: https://rvblindco.com/

The 'day' portion of the two panel shade is a solar shade that allows you to see out but you can't see in. 'night' portion is full room darkening. Highly recommend if you are interested in making a change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blinds.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	40791  
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:48 AM   #4
dutchmensport

Our previous camper had that type of blind on 3 strings that you lift and pull from the bottom. They were vinyl, not wood, but the same principle. Those strings need to be tight in order for them to function correctly. Mine kept stretching and I'd have to pull them tight again and tighten the screw that held them at the bottom against the wall. In time, the hole for the wall started boring out and the screw wouldn't hold any more. I finally relaxed the strings and moved the screw down a little so it would create new screw threads in the wall to keep it tight.

So, if you lift and they don't stay, that's the reason. I hated them by the way. I was perfectly happy with the old style roller shades like my previous campers had. In an effort to improve the mouse trap, they only made it worse!