Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2022, 04:27 AM   #1
Tazman22

Type of drinking water hose

Hello all, i was thinking of trying out a new hose brand called flexzilla or Kohree have any of you had any experience or have heard of anyone using these brands. I have the standard Camco white which are good but want something a little more flexible, I have tried the Zero G type hoses with no success. So what are your thoughts or recommendations for a better more flexible hose. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:53 AM   #2
dutchmensport

BuyersGuide.Org ranked the Flexzilla #6 out of 10 for the year 2022 for the 10 best garden hoses.

Some of the reviews on Amazon are mixed. Click here.

It says drinkable safe too.

Just like everyone has attempted to build a better mouse trap, everyone is attempting to manufacture a better garden hose. We're all looking for something that doesn't kink, easy to roll up, takes very little space, won't blow up under constant pressure in the sun, and is drinkable leaving no chemical taste in the water.

I don't know if such a hose actually exists. There's trade-off for ever one. All you can do is try it, see if it works for you, and if it does, or does not, report back to the rest of the peanut gallery.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:05 AM   #3
ChuckS

Best RV water hoses I have ever owned.. current ones are on their ninth year of use fr9m these folks.easy to roll up even in cold weather

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/custom-built-hoses

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:05 AM   #4
gearhead

What was wrong with your ZeroG? I haven't had any problems with them.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:55 AM   #5
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
What was wrong with your ZeroG? I haven't had any problems with them.
I have two of them as well. One has a leak at the connection, but it’s my backup in case I need more length. I’ll change that end at some point when I’m feeling ambitious. I’ve heard that is an issue with zero g, but I have had a lot of other hoses with the same issue. I’d say it’s more a hose issue than a zer g issue.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 06:24 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman22 View Post
Hello all, i was thinking of trying out a new hose brand called flexzilla or Kohree have any of you had any experience or have heard of anyone using these brands. I have the standard Camco white which are good but want something a little more flexible, I have tried the Zero G type hoses with no success. So what are your thoughts or recommendations for a better more flexible hose. Thanks for your input.

I have no experience with the flexzilla hose. I own the Kohree and use it. It was recommended by another member on the forum. It is far better than the Camco/white, blue stripe hoses I've used in the past. Much more flexible than the Camco for sure.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:53 AM   #7
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I have two of them as well. One has a leak at the connection, but it’s my backup in case I need more length. I’ll change that end at some point when I’m feeling ambitious. I’ve heard that is an issue with zero g, but I have had a lot of other hoses with the same issue. I’d say it’s more a hose issue than a zer g issue.
I haven't had one burst, fail, etc. Only issue is I screwed one into a different brand hose, tightened it with channel locks, and now can't get them apart. Apparently dissimilar metal lock up.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:27 AM   #8
Alpine

Your results may vary... but I found the "white water hoses" for rv use would after a period of time grow a green gunk (inside) that would plug up the fine filter screen that is integrated with the rubber washer. I assumed it was from the hose being in the sun for long periods of time. I kept loosing water pressure and voila, the screens were plugged. Since switching to the "blue water hoses"... no problems.

I am interested in the flexible hoses for easy of use and packing!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water