Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
sasteve49

Showerstall leak!

I just bought a 2010 Cougar 318sab model. Unfortunately the previous owners did not inform us of a serious leak from the shower stall down into the storage compartment! They assured us there were no leaks anywhere. I noticed aftermarket sealant round the edge of the bottom edges, so dug it all out and resealed with a 100% silicone sealant. This still did not help. So with my wife playing the shower onto sections of the wall, we found that the leak is either through the very thin plastic walls or through the rubber heads that attach the plastic walls to the trailer. This leak is substantial, coming through the edge of the particle board between the wall of the trailer and dripping down the aluminum frame into the storage compartment. I have an extended warranty that was transferable from the previous owners. Will I be able to get it fixed in the RV park where I live as a fulltime RVer, without having to take it to a dealer?
sasteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Lack of HP

Unhappy shower leak

I had a similiar leak in my Cougar 327res. they worked on it for about a month. They finally had to take the shower out and put in a new one. Even the new one leaked a little around the base next to the vanity. Love the Cougar but the shower is a Keystone down fall. Hope they find a cure before I trade up. good luck, but I bet you have to go into the dealership. Joe
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote