Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
SpotALoony

Dometic Toilet Model 300 "Recall"

Last week I noticed that there was water at the base of the toilet in our 2019 Keystone Ultra Lite. Via YouTube and Google searches I discovered that there is a known problem with a seal between the upper and lower sections of Dometic Model 300 toilets.

Some posts state that there is a recall involving the toilets, but Dometic Customer Support claims that there is no actual recall. However, after providing the serial number and SKU of our toilet a free replacement was shipped to our home.

Dometic customer support can be reached at 800-544-4881. Select option '1' then option '7'. Be prepared for a very long wait in the queue. You will be told your position in the queue frequently, figure at least five minutes per position.
SpotALoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:22 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The above is "correct to a point"....

First, if you call the Dometic Product Recall Hotline to discuss your "Dometic 300 toilet recall" you'll be informed there is no recall and the CS rep will not help you..... That's because there is "no recall on the Dometic 300 toilet".

That said, Dometic is "handling all 300 model toilets that are leaking under the toilet warranty. So, if you call the "warranty section" or the "Dometic Customer Service section" if they can determine that your toilet is still in warranty, they will ship you a new toilet. From what I've read and heard, Dometic will "bend over backwards" to try to help rather than deny a claim. They seem to "want to help" rather than "want to find a reason not to help"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
NH_Bulldog

I agree with John. I had one of the “bad” toilets and they were very easy to work with as a warranty item. Again, there is no recall because it was not every toilet affected.

Basically the issue is not a fatal flaw. It is a flat rubber seal that can sometimes roll when the two halves of the toilet are assembled if proper care and lubrication are not used. It’s actually an easy DIY fix. Once my replacement was approved, I was not going to wait months for the pandemic shipping delay so I fixed mine (at least temporarily) and had no further issues. When the new one came in, I swapped them out and have monitored for a repeat but so far, so good!
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:04 AM   #4
Old_Stevenick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
I agree with John. I had one of the “bad” toilets and they were very easy to work with as a warranty item. Again, there is no recall because it was not every toilet affected.

Basically the issue is not a fatal flaw. It is a flat rubber seal that can sometimes roll when the two halves of the toilet are assembled if proper care and lubrication are not used. It’s actually an easy DIY fix. Once my replacement was approved, I was not going to wait months for the pandemic shipping delay so I fixed mine (at least temporarily) and had no further issues. When the new one came in, I swapped them out and have monitored for a repeat but so far, so good!

Was the smell urine or poop?

Did it stink up the bathroom after only 2-3 days of camping like ours?

2018 trailer I bought used. How did you fix yours?
Old_Stevenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:47 AM   #5
NH_Bulldog

My issue was twofold. I had a strong sewer odor at times, but also a urine odor. The issue with the toilet was the source of the urine odor. What I found as the source of the sewer odor was the toilet floor flange (which screws onto the black tank inlet pipe) had cracked at the time of original assembly and every flush, and every time the trailer was transported with anything in the tank, it would slosh tank contents out. It turned my bathroom floor to mush and I did a complete reconstruction of it. We have had no leakage or odor issues since.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, mod, recall, toilet