Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2021, 08:19 AM   #1
alrothel

2021 Fuzion 424 - Garage Camera

I have read a number of posts but can find any info to my specific RV . I will be headed from Florida to Sturgis again this year taking the bikes with us. I would love to have the ability to monitor the garage as we travel to make sure things are not loosening as we drive
Is there a camera that I can install on the front panel in the garage that I can then view on my iPhone or the screen in my 2020 Ford F-350. Some threads talk about PRE wired connection somewhere?
alrothel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Any prewired camera wiring will be on the rear exterior wall usually at the center marker light. Wireless inside the garage might not connect with all the framing and such, and a wired camera will need the feed routed somewhere to the front.

Just my opinion, I would simply buy some quality tie downs and check when you stop for fuel/food etc.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #3
nuctrooper

I put a furrion Vision S camera in my garage. Pretty simple as long as you can find power. Mines on the wall just forward of the side door by the bunk switches. It can see the whole garage real well. It does require a separate monitor, but I already had the rear camera so this was a simple addition (the vision S can take 4 cameras)
nuctrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuctrooper View Post
I put a furrion Vision S camera in my garage. Pretty simple as long as you can find power. Mines on the wall just forward of the side door by the bunk switches. It can see the whole garage real well. It does require a separate monitor, but I already had the rear camera so this was a simple addition (the vision S can take 4 cameras)
Good to know the Furrion camera will work when mounted inside. Did you use a camera with the “pairing” button?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #5
nuctrooper

Yes, each of the vision S cameras has a pairing button and link up to the monitor (they sell 5” and 7” versions). I have two side view, one rear view, and one inside garage view. Three dogs ride in the garage, so it’s nice to keep an eye on them.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:23 PM   #6
nellie1289

Quote:
Yes, each of the vision S cameras has a pairing button and link up to the monitor (they sell 5” and 7” versions). I have two side view, one rear view, and one inside garage view. Three dogs ride in the garage, so it’s nice to keep an eye on them.
which camera did you use and how did you power it? I have a rear, and two side views on my montana. I have though about getting a fourth one and putting it in my other trailer, a utv hauler, and then pairing it the fourth spot on the 5" monitor I have. There are some inside lights that run off of the 7 pin and a battery on the trailer too. would like to keep an eye on the side by sides in tow.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:50 PM   #7
jasin1

Has anyone tried using a nest camera or Arlo camera for there backup or inside camera? Or any wifi camera? I have a Foscam wifi on one of my garages.
My truck has a wifi hotspot and of course my iPhone has one as well. Maybe it would work?
Old 05-26-2021, 06:15 PM   #8
alrothel

Quote:
Great reply... thank you.
Did you grab power from those switches? For the rear camera, was it PRE wired? Where did you grab power for that one
Old 05-27-2021, 03:31 AM   #9
Dege

If you already have the Furrion S cameras you can add the observation camera to the kit. That one does not come pre-paired. Simple to do though. I set mine up as a bed view camera for hooking up the hitch. Got power from the 4 pin trailer connector. The camera comes with a pigtail that can be connected to any 12v source that is handy. Super easy to do. I did put a 1 amp fuse inline when I wired mine per the instructions.
Dege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:36 AM   #10
nuctrooper

I grabbed power from inside the switch panel. Very low current draw, so any 12V will do. Added a switch to the panel so I can turn the camera on and off. It just an add-on camera for the Vision S (commonly called a door camera).

Amazon link

You can see it in the middle of the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6934.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	33811  
Old 07-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #11
alrothel

The Furrion S systems are more than I wanted to spend. Does anyone just use a Wi-Fi type camera I can view from my iPhone? Something real simple. Just want to keep an eye on the toys in the garage.

Tags
fuzion