Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2021, 06:31 PM   #1
Nankipoo

Installing Electric Fireplace

I'm wanting to install an electric fireplace in the rear of our 5'er under the entertainment center. Max opening size would be 33 wide by 19.5 tall. I have all ready dropped a pigtail out the bottom on the back incase there is only a 30 amp service available. That way I can run it off separate shore power. Did some trials this winter when we got the chance to go camping. Set up worked fine with a 15 amp 1500 watt standing fireplace we got at wally world. Question is, what brand should I look at purchasing? I know it's going to get jarred some being mounted in the back. Any suggestions on the brand and helpful ideas I may be missing on this install would be much appreciated.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:42 PM   #2
bobbecky

The electric heat element in the fireplaces is exactly the same in the little portable electric heaters, so I would think it would be just fine in an RV. We have one of those electric fireplaces in our rig, and it is towards the rear of the rig and has never given us any problems.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #3
Whitewolf

We have one too. It's held in place with 4 screws around the frame. We haven't had any problems either. There's a lot of brands and styles out there. Not sure if one is better than the other. They're not that expensive. I'd say just get one that fits and you like the looks.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote