Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
jimbob

Fuzion Toyhauler D-ring

I just bought a new 2010 Fuzion 302 Touring Edition ll. When cleaning it up I found that the heads of two of the self taping screws that go into the frame had been snapped off. I removed the plates and they were rusted on the underside. I removed all and found that 4 of the 9 were also rusty. I replaced all with stainless #14 x 2" hardened and used Dap clear sealant to seal between the plate and rubber floor. I also applied it to the underside were the screws go through the plate. No water will ever get under again. I am a plumbing contractor and this Dap product is used to seal caulk tubs, toilets and sinks. It will not mildew or mold. I have two Polaris Quads 800 & 700, and if I hadn't noticed the problem they would have pulled right out of the floor.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
travr

Wink

holy crap, thanks for the info. I'll check mine too. glad to see other mechanical guys on here. I own a mechanical contracting company also.
travr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
jimbob

Rusting screws

I am also replacing all of self taping screws under side with stainless steel. They are only 3 months old and look pretty bad. Doesn't cost much "Lowes" and just unscrew old and screw in the new one.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Norcalrockhunter

I'll be looking at ours soon, I'm still working under the unit, I'm removing all the plastic wheel well covers and replacing them with diamond plate right now also adding diamond plate above the tires, adding some covers under the extra propane tank and on the other side where the batteries are, also looking at how to insulate the rear under section of the trailer by the fuel tank and around the spare tire
Norcalrockhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
BigCajun

I would also like to insulate the toy box, please share with us how you manage that project.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
Copper Grier

Thanks

Our '11 Fuzion TEIII will arrive in the next 2 weeks. I will ensure to check these first!
Copper Grier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
heidi

We just noticed a problem with one of our D rings last night. We have a Fuzion 295 I was vacuuming them out (they catch all the dirt) and noticed that the center bolt was loose. I tried to tighten it back in but it just kept spinning. When I pulled up on it it just came right out. I then took the two phillips screws out to see what the bolt was suppose to be screwed to and there is nothing there and I mean nothing!! There is a hole in the floor that is 2" by 2 7/8" some sort of membrane under that and then what appears to be a tank under that. The bolt must have been originally stuck in the membrane which was keeping it somewhat tight but 2500lbs?? I think not! I am trying to figure out a solution to fix it from the top side has I really don't want the dealer taking off my underbelly not sure they can put it back together as well as the factory. Any advice?? Thanks
heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
dave-g

mine are screwed to the floor beams-

If it under warranty bring it to the dealers- it needs to screw to a beam. If its out of warranty- (you can not do worse then the factory) you could move it to a beam and patch the floor. Or add a plate below it and screw to it for more strength. But is would still be loading the floor not the frame. I would not make it the main tie down.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote