Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
dakota51

Type of roof on 2400BH

In the owners manual it list two types of roofs, rubber roof and Alpha Superflex TPO Roof. Which type is on the 2015 2400bh? I want to purchase cleaner and treatment for it. Which kind is best?
Old 09-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Fred_Greene

Dakota, here is a link to some video on the Keystone service page that demonstrates how to tell whether you have rubber or tpo roof.
Fred_Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
slow

I just went through the process myself to determine membrane material, care and sealant for the roof on my 2015 23RB Passport Elite.

Mine is the Alpha System Superflex TPO roof. Their website has the information you are seeking: http://www.alphasystemsinc.com/ProductCare

Since the Alpha Systems self leveling sealant is difficult to come by, I gave Alpha Systems a call this morning and the lady that took my call said that Dicor self leveling sealant for EPDM roof membranes is appropriate for the Superflex TPO roof. She recommended that it be used sparingly (no more than an inch wide) since some lifting/swelling of the adjacent membrane will occur until the solvent evaporates from the sealant and membrane. Once evaporated, she claimed the the swelling would not be evident.
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #4
dakota51

Thanks for the info, it should help.