Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Bdfone

2013 Kodiak rlsl delaminated

After taking my camper out of winter storage this year I noticed the nose had a pretty significant "ripple" near the roof line. My immediate fear was water damage but upon assessment there was no damage inside, I took it to the dealer and they confirmed that it was indeed delaminating and they would contact the manufacturer to check for warranty....... Well, the manufacturer told my dealer that my camper was outside the one year warranty and they would only cover the parts as a sign of "good faith". I now have to pay my dealer 12 hours labor to fix my new camper (I call it new because it's been used less than 10 times) now I have to worry if the same "faulty" glue was used on the entire camper and this issue will continue or is it fixed and no longer a problem
Bdfone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
KanTC

Welcome Bdfone

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your trailer.

Dutchmen & Keystone are owned by the same parent company - Thor Industries. Did you purchase your trailer from a
dealer who also sells Keystone?... simply wondering how Keystone got involved with your (Kodiak) situation?

That said - some members here have also found ripples/delam issues after winter storage [with no apparent water intrusion].
I don't recall whether or not it was determined to be "faulty" glue (as you stated) though. If I remember correctly,
some had used an RV cover during storage, and wondered if that (& excessive heat) may have been a contributing factor.

You might try doing a forum search to find those threads & hopefully others will chime-in soon.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Ken / Claudia

Sorry to hear about your problem. My story I had delambed front end in a 02 Artic Fox. Noted it around 05 and had the factory replace the piece in 08. It was from leaking and I never found any water damage inside and I looked many times for the signs. The repair was on me, it was past the warranty.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote