Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
gvansickle1

Re-directing water run-off

We have a Laredo 303TG but I'm sure that this is not model specific. We have factory rain gutters already, to include run-off extensions. Problem is, even with the short extensions, the run-off from our rear passenger-side comes down just off of our rear-mounted BBQ grill. With any breeze at all it's being blown right to my "station" at the rear out-door kitchen. I've looked online and found a couple different, longer "gutter extensions" but I suspect that this will only push the water further out and actually onto our BBQ grill and/or me. I'm thinking about adding a short curved section of water hose to the end of the extension to simply "redirect" the run-off more to the rear of the trailer. Anyone else come up with a better, possibly more "esthetically pleasing" solution for this?
Old 05-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

What you might try is to push a short piece of rubber hose over a 3'-4' section of white 1/2" or 3/4" rigid plastic pipe. The rigid pipe would serve as a extension so that you could reach the run-off gutter extension from the ground and use that to push the rubber hose or something similar over the end of the spout.
It wouldn't be a permanent addition - just pack it with you and take it out when needed.

The problem with adding a piece of rubber hose is that it could come loose and fly off as you are traveling down the highway and end up hitting somebody's windshield or vehicle.

Not only that but it might appear to some as being a bit .... "tacky"???? I would never say that it looks like that.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:16 AM   #3
UsTwo

Just saw this post..
I actually did a clear rubber hose extension off my rain gutters..with just eyeballing them i would say they are appx. 4 more inches longer.. i used clear silicone caulking to mount them to the rain gutters themselves. works great,, no more black streaks down the sides..or running into the slam boxes. etc.. You could push a section of rubber hose over the rain gutter and run it away from your grilling area.. and pack it up when you leave if you didn't want to mount it full time..get it long enough and you could run it to the other side..

Craig
Kathie
2013 Keystone Cougar
X-Lite 31 RKS
UsTwo is offline   Reply With Quote